Taxi fare's to airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is fairly relevant for me: my flight is scheduled to land an hour and a half before kick-off for the Palace game, so after dropping my bags at the airport hotel I'll be taking a taxi to Goodison. Should I have the hotel call a (private hire?) for me, or should I take my chances with the airport taxi rank?

Get the Southport train from airport parkway station and get off at Sandhills for the Soccer bus or change trains to Kirkdale and walk to Goodison

Uber all the way.

Forget rip off merchant taxi drivers and their sense of entitlement.

They're entitled to make a living & feed their kids, aren't they?

I will never use Uber, just as I'll never use "just eat" or any service like that. All they are is some spiv that's come up with a plan to take a skim of people who actually do a proper job. The prices get driven down, the takeaways get forced to take shortcuts, quality goes down. Same will happen with the taxis.

I'd rather deal directly with the person giving me the service & pay them a fair price.

This thread is fairly relevant for me: my flight is scheduled to land an hour and a half before kick-off for the Palace game, so after dropping my bags at the airport hotel I'll be taking a taxi to Goodison. Should I have the hotel call a (private hire?) for me, or should I take my chances with the airport taxi rank?
At reception get them to order you a private hire, put your bags in and the chances are it will be sitting there waiting for you

Status
Not open for further replies.