Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you hate it when they sell our gold for pennies. Scum. Don't you hate it when they encourage mass immigration to annoy the right wing.

The argument of who sold what could run and run. I'm not sure what calling anyone scum over it contributes to the debate.

The concept that immigration was encouraged to annoy the right wing is quite simply bonkers. Immigration is a conundrum for the right no doubt. On one hand the argument is that immigrants deflate wages for everyone. On the other, paying as little as possible helps to maximise profits.

All this is by the by though. The question was, where is the compassion for those who need it?

I think everyone of whatever political pursuasion would agree with your sentiments, the only difference is how to achieve it. Either grow the economy and jobs or keep people dependent on the state. I don't trust Labour with the economy. Every Labour government has left office with the country in deep financial crap. In 97 Labour inherited a well run economy and as usual screwed it up which helps no one............

There are ways of growing the state whilst the state supports those that need it though. Why choose the path that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer?

There are ways of growing the state whilst the state supports those that need it though. Why choose the path that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer?

I agree with this but if we follow the path of Ed Balls/Milliband or the SNP, the rich will still be rich and nothing will change that, but the funds available to support the poorer will diminish after an initial spending splurge.........

All this is by the by though. The question was, where is the compassion for those who need it?

But we are, by and large, a compassionate country and populace as is demonstrated by the volume of immigrants and the size of our overseas aid. But even though we are wealthy we are still a small country who cannot possible allow the sheer numbers of potential immigrants to enter........ How many people can you allow to live in your house, there is a finite number before the household degenerates......I'm not saying the country is full, but we are not the size of Canada, USA, Australia, Russia, etc etc and they don't have an open door policy........

I agree with this but if we follow the path of Ed Balls/Milliband or the SNP, the rich will still be rich and nothing will change that, but the funds available to support the poorer will diminish after an initial spending splurge.........

Nonsense. There is more than enough to go round now. It is 2015 and parents are going hungry so that their kids can have at least one meal a day. How can that be? This isn't about what we are trying to achieve, it's about what we should be doing now. Today.

But we are, by and large, a compassionate country and populace as is demonstrated by the volume of immigrants and the size of our overseas aid. But even though we are wealthy we are still a small country who cannot possible allow the sheer numbers of potential immigrants to enter........ How many people can you allow to live in your house, there is a finite number before the household degenerates......I'm not saying the country is full, but we are not the size of Canada, USA, Australia, Russia, etc etc and they don't have an open door policy........

Why are you so scared of immigrants? All the figures show they are net contributors.

I'm not sure we should be looking to some of those countries for inspiration on how to deal with immigrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back