The atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans should be supporters, otherwise they're not fans.

On the other hand, if fans see their players collect (not earn) more in 90 minutes than fans will in a year, without showing one of passion, effort or skill then I can totally understand the fan's frustration. The results of that frustration still remain counterproductive though.

I can totally understand fans deciding not to vociferously support players who don’t make an effort, but in recent years our players have been rubbish rather than lazy.

They’ve lacked talent, not effort.

..I always think this is a cart before the horse scenario. Give the fans hope, give the fans something they enjoy watching, give the fans signs of progression and the atmosphere at Goodison will be fine.

That's correct. Atmosphere in Martinez first season was Good and I particularly remember the atmosphere when we played Bournemouth under Koeman after Lukaku scored in the first few minutes. The atmosphere was great all game against Bournemouth - yes you heard that right; Bournemouth.

the ground will bounce if the players are playing well, last 4 seasons weve been going i expected to lose every home game under martinez,

then a manager who i hated and lets face it he didnt really like us the football was largely poor too but at least with koemans first season we were efficent at home and allardyce's football wasnt gonna get us off our seats.

were a reactionary crowd and thats fine, the players and management team need to get us to want to sing.

We could win our first 5 games in a row comfortably, then next game be 1-0 down at HT and people would boo, it's embarrassing and it really destroys the atmosphere and fun of going to the game

i dont think there would be an audible boo at half time in that circumstance personally

I love when people blame the fans and think some Jonestownesque stipulations need to be brought in.

‘Sing this cringeworthy song about a player you aren’t keen on, or be hung from the goalposts for grand treason.’

Status
Not open for further replies.