The Chicken of Depression or the Bluebird of Happiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
IMG_2519.webp

So with the news that 777 have collapsed quicker than George Best on a Sunday morning, and we may have the possibility of two rich local blues being backed by Dell, when is it time to no longer feel absolutely crushing despair daily?

They says its darkest before dawn but seems to have been dark for waaaaaaaay too long now.

Is it time to look up, or does the ‘Everton, that’ in us simply persist?

I personally am sleeping a lot better at the moment when it comes to Everton, as the prospect of administration dwindles for that aware as we hear of more interested parties.

This won’t be an instant fix of course, but at the moment I feel as though something has changed for the better.

I recovered a fair bit of my zen after the 2-0 versus that lot. Safety secured, great nights still possible and a new season to look forward to.

We're going to have a great stadium a decent (if not blue chip) brand and remain a good prospect. People will cry debt but, for fear of mockery, even £1bn in any other industry isn't that much.

Could all go to pot but I'm looking on the bright side. Even if we have to sell Branthwaite.

We have reason to be cheerful, if not ecstatic.

The least that this week has done is to underline that this 'storied' football club (as the Yanks say) is a major attraction for investors....and there'll be more than those initially with their hat in the ring.

Everton are and always will be a top English club. And soon we'll have the infrastructure to go along with the weight of history we bring to the negotiating table.

The present is secure; the future is looking rosy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back