The Clear-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
What clear-out???
This! We’ve said the same last 3/4 seasons, maybe more. We don’t shift players we all know aren’t good enough. We loan until contracts expire or just keep churning out the same crap. It will be even more difficult to sell this summer.

How long did it take to get rid of Morgan Schnederlin? Walcott? Iwobi, Bernard, Siggi, Besic. Joke.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Iwobi trotting out again next season and Siggy getting a new deal.

Thing is we have a 'clear-out' discussion at the end of every season except the promising 13/14 one...we have to look at that season, how was it different to the rest?

Answer is non-tangible but hugely important things like passion, excitement, ambition, enthusiasm. The answer isn't necessarily the players.

We need a Roberto Season 1 effect, before he went up his own arse. We need Dunc to replace Carlo...simple solution. Should surely be more interesting than the tedious season we've just had (buck stops with the manager).

Thing is we have a 'clear-out' discussion at the end of every season except the promising 13/14 one...we have to look at that season, how was it different to the rest?

Answer is non-tangible but hugely important things like passion, excitement, ambition, enthusiasm. The answer isn't necessarily the players.

We need a Roberto Season 1 effect, before he went up his own arse. We need Dunc to replace Carlo...simple solution. Should surely be more interesting than the tedious season we've just had (buck stops with the manager).
Yeah we've never been the same since that Roberto mural on the side of the ground.

Every single member of the squad would be sold for me if the right offer came in. By that I mean, nobody is above selling, even players I obviously want to stay.

As for players who urgently, urgently need shifting and we should actively look to sell, not including players leaving on frees

Iwobi
Gomes
Bernard
Delph
Tosun

For players who we should sell if the right offers come in

Kean (sure this one will happen)
Keane
Holgate
Sigurdsson

Put this in the Carlo thread...

Holgate - Sell/Squad
Keane - Sell/Squad
Iwobi - Sell/Squad
Siggy - Sell/Squad
Davies - Sell/Squad
Gomes - Sell/Squad
Jon Joe - Sell

Bernard - Gone
Kean - Gone

Leaves us with a 1st 11 of...

Pickford
Mina
Coleman
Doucoure
Allan
Richy
James
DCL

Major rebuild.
Feels about right for me, I’d keep Davies as he’s on small wages but otherwise

I'd honestly look to be accepting decent offers for Richarlison at this point too.
Richy though does work hard and genuinely looks like he cares, he will be a very good asset if he had some decent midfielders to play with, also as we really only have one striker DCL just looks like he isnt bother most of the time, I’ve never been a fan of DCL I’d sell him.

Not counting those that have gone/will be going (Bolasie, Walcott, King, Olsen, Besic) I’d gladly see the back of the following

Bernard
Iwobi
Sigurdsson
Gomes
Holgate
Tosun
One of Mina/Keane (more so the former because of injuries)

That would be an entire 11 out and off the wage bill

We would then need a GK, RB, 2 CBs, 2 wide players and 3 CM and a back up striker

Status
Not open for further replies.