The Demotion of the song Grand Old Team

Should Grand Old Team be restored to prominence again over the numb nuts 'wooo!' song

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell a whiff of a civil war here. Well, what the heck, we're already safe!

So fight on guys and "We shall not be moved" will, after both of you's demise, collect the pot..

Soz @davek and other GoT song lovers - Micah Richard’s has spoken, spirit of the blues is the GOAT Everton ditty - war is over, so get your coat on and get moving….

Last edited:
I think the main issue with it is that the song in today's climate is just an outright lie much like the song about us playing beautiful football

That said id take both of them over spirit of the blues which is basically some poundland status quo dad rock.

I don't really rate any football songs tbh bar the one about letting Marouane Fellaini shag your wife

I think the main issue with it is that the song in today's climate is just an outright lie much like the song about us playing beautiful football
Also, saying that we don't care what they say. If we don't care what they say, why mention them in the song? Personally, I prefer Spirit of the Blues anyway.

Side note: our best two in my living memory (30 years) is:

Roberto’s school of science

And

Diamond Ross Barkley

Never ever seen a concourse go off as much as them two, particularly the Barkley tune. Why’d he have to be a rat

This might be unimportant in terms of the real problems we're face with at the club at the moment, but it's getting on my nerves and I have to speak out.

Over the past 12 months or so the club have placed this song down the pecking order in favour of stuff like Forever Everton and that abomination Spirit of the Blues (which, IMO, only people who are impressed by cat memes can possibly like).

Grand Old Team should rightfully be restored to being played prior to Z-Cars and immediately after any win or good/unexpected draw against a top of the table challenging team.

The fact that no longer happens is another example of the trampling down of our culture by the clueless frauds who've cratered the club in the last 7 seasons.

Thoughts?
Something getting on your nerves is unheard of davek you're normally a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day ha

Side note: our best two in my living memory (30 years) is:

Roberto’s school of science

And

Diamond Ross Barkley

Never ever seen a concourse go off as much as them two, particularly the Barkley tune. Why’d he have to be a rat
First time I remember that Barkley one going off was on the train from Berlin to Wolfsburg.

The addition of the lone "what have we got?" To restart the whole thing cemented it.

It's a shame we're usually terrible at player songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back