The email

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeeblue9

Player Valuation: £35m
Afternoon all,

Newcomer here. I've been lurking on the forum over January (like a lot of people) watching THT and LCAB's updates (thanks for those btw guys) and I prefer this to a lot of the other fora I've used in the past.

I was forwarded an email today (I'm sure some of you must have seen it by now) which terrified me to my very core. For those of you who haven't seen it, this is the content:

"Right, horrible, horrible news.....its all kicked-off at Goodison tonight. The Manager will, likely, go at the end of the season! He's told the board unless they're prepared to back him seriously, he's not prepared to ruin what bit of reputation he has left with an unambitious club. We've missed out on EVERY loan target this window (SWP, Vicente, Santa Cruz and Ireland were on his 'Want' list) and the slim squad has depleted further. The board are ok as long as we avoid relegation; no other objective has been set! Kenwright asked the board on the Neville offer - Elstone said to go for it due to his age. He then asked Moyes, which is when it all kicked-off, who said he's had enough and will go tonight if that happens. Its the fact Kenwright even considered it and then asked the board first that has left Davey livid! The 'Senior' players - Cahill, Jags and Arteta - are still fuming over the wages **** from last month and that nobody has been brought in this week. Those three have said they're considering their position at the club and may (probably) be open to moving on in the Summer. Fell's IS being tracked by a "big Premier League side" for the Summer as well. I don't know who, but can guess it will be Chelsea, Manchester United or Spurs. Basically, we're seriously, seriously, seriously in the **** more than ever before! Manager probably off, players to ask for transfers (notice how I missed out Heitinga? That's because he's looking to go anyway - he wants out and has done for a while), **** all investment, disinterested board - its not Admin, but it might as ****ing well be!I knew about that neville bid at 6 yday m8....the players hadn't been payed 4 2months that's y they had 2 sell pienaar now coz he wasn't ment 2 go untill the summer...his agent was goin the papers and everything 2 tell them everton wernt payn the players but everton made a deal with him so he didn't do it...that's y we let yakubu go we got 750,000 grand 4 him to go on loan its that bad...moyes didn't want him 2 go but had 2 get him off the wage bill"

I'd love to think this is a bit of scaremongering, but it sounds too real for comfort.

Anyone have any views on this or heard anything to the contrary/anything to believe this could be accurate?

Afternoon all,

Newcomer here. I've been lurking on the forum over January (like a lot of people) watching THT and LCAB's updates (thanks for those btw guys) and I prefer this to a lot of the other fora I've used in the past.

I was forwarded an email today (I'm sure some of you must have seen it by now) which terrified me to my very core. For those of you who haven't seen it, this is the content:

"Right, horrible, horrible news.....its all kicked-off at Goodison tonight. The Manager will, likely, go at the end of the season! He's told the board unless they're prepared to back him seriously, he's not prepared to ruin what bit of reputation he has left with an unambitious club. We've missed out on EVERY loan target this window (SWP, Vicente, Santa Cruz and Ireland were on his 'Want' list) and the slim squad has depleted further. The board are ok as long as we avoid relegation; no other objective has been set! Kenwright asked the board on the Neville offer - Elstone said to go for it due to his age. He then asked Moyes, which is when it all kicked-off, who said he's had enough and will go tonight if that happens. Its the fact Kenwright even considered it and then asked the board first that has left Davey livid! The 'Senior' players - Cahill, Jags and Arteta - are still fuming over the wages **** from last month and that nobody has been brought in this week. Those three have said they're considering their position at the club and may (probably) be open to moving on in the Summer. Fell's IS being tracked by a "big Premier League side" for the Summer as well. I don't know who, but can guess it will be Chelsea, Manchester United or Spurs. Basically, we're seriously, seriously, seriously in the **** more than ever before! Manager probably off, players to ask for transfers (notice how I missed out Heitinga? That's because he's looking to go anyway - he wants out and has done for a while), **** all investment, disinterested board - its not Admin, but it might as ****ing well be!I knew about that neville bid at 6 yday m8....the players hadn't been payed 4 2months that's y they had 2 sell pienaar now coz he wasn't ment 2 go untill the summer...his agent was goin the papers and everything 2 tell them everton wernt payn the players but everton made a deal with him so he didn't do it...that's y we let yakubu go we got 750,000 grand 4 him to go on loan its that bad...moyes didn't want him 2 go but had 2 get him off the wage bill"

I'd love to think this is a bit of scaremongering, but it sounds too real for comfort.

Anyone have any views on this or heard anything to the contrary/anything to believe this could be accurate?

Welcome to the forum mate.

Talk about coming in with a bang...expect some flack for this if you're not prepared to name your source though...

I think its fair to say that "named source = possible truth..." but "kev told me from the shop = scare mongering..."...

cheers,

mugzy.

Someone said last week that - from their national media journalist friend that "Everton would be in administration by Monday".

Oh look. That didn't happen.

Also "Everton aren't paying the players" ... what utter rubbish.

There are some ****e hawks DELIBERATELY putting these rumours out.

If they weren't paying the wages - how did they just go and put €220000 on the table for the Greek lad.

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.JPG

Oh dear that is a very poor effort- sounds a little like my young son telling me about something that happened during his school day.

I would not bat an eye lid at that being true.

The club is in a mess. It's no secret. It takes something for LCAB to go off on one at the board and when that happened (and he does have inside knowledge) it confirmed my suspicion that we're in a death spiral.

Hmmm. Not sure if I believe this or not.

I don't beleive that the players have not been paid for two months for a start. The rest could be true, but if there's one glaring thing in there that stands out (like that claim) then I start to question the validity of the piece as a whole.

Guess work and conjecture for me. There will be elemets of truth in there, but anyone could come out with this stuff and lay claim to it being gospel.

Most of the stuff isn't really earth shattering. Big club monitoring Fellaini. Didn't see that one coming. He's been immense for the last two years, of course he'll attract interest.

Heitinga unhapppy, well bar a very small handful of games he's been consistantly played out of position.

Moyes unhappy? Of course he bloody is and anyone with half a brain cell can tell this.

I wouldn't read to much into it at all.

Just to point out, it's not my source. It's an email that has been doing the rounds this morning and I got it about an hour ago from a mate (who also has no idea where it originated).

From a lot of the blues I follow on Twitter, it seems a lot of people have seen it already.

I have no idea who wrote it and I'd agree that "anonymous" sources are usually rubbish.

Its not true. Firstly coincidental that its just Evertons biggest players kicking up? Secondly, as if the press wouldnt be all over paying the players wages.

Also, everton dont really have a problem with wages, if they did they would have sold the fringe players.

Oh and as for the Pienaar thing, well sell him and make profit or let him go for free, its not rocket science.

Just to point out, it's not my source. It's an email that has been doing the rounds this morning and I got it about an hour ago from a mate (who also has no idea where it originated).

From a lot of the blues I follow on Twitter, it seems a lot of people have seen it already.

I have no idea who wrote it and I'd agree that "anonymous" sources are usually rubbish.

Its the Chinese whispers, with some putting hysterical bits on as they forward it round.

UTTER UTTER NONSENSE. Just like the claims we'd be or are even close to Administration.

Kenwright will be gone soon enough. But to claim Everton are in serious financial trouble is just disingenuous ****. Sorry to swear but it is.

Hmmm. Not sure if I believe this or not.

I don't beleive that the players have not been paid for two months for a start. The rest could be true, but if there's one glaring thing in there that stands out (like that claim) then I start to question the validity of the piece as a whole.

Guess work and conjecture for me. There will be elemets of truth in there, but anyone could come out with this stuff and lay claim to it being gospel.

Most of the stuff isn't really earth shattering. Big club monitoring Fellaini. Didn't see that one coming. He's been immense for the last two years, of course he'll attract interest.

Heitinga unhapppy, well bar a very small handful of games he's been consistantly played out of position.

Moyes unhappy? Of course he bloody is and anyone with half a brain cell can tell this.

I wouldn't read to much into it at all.

This, That, Bingo, Bullseye.

Jamiel Jamokachi, nice post there Lid.

I've just had it forwarded to me- source is bluekipper- 1 of the mods over there received it from a mate apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.