The Europa League draw tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** that, you saw last years FA cup draw and without arteta or strikers we still managed to beat Villa, RS and Man U, i'm sure we can handle Sporting Lisbon who can't win their league eventhough according to wikipedia ( Portuguese Liga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) it's the 11th best league in the world . I'm up for a good hard fought victory, its more satisfying when we crush them. Arteta will tear them a new one

Good stuff, this is what it's all about really. Hopefully we'll get the likes of Jagielka, Arteta and Neville back before then. We are good enough to compete with any of those sides, on our day.

Moutinho v Arteta, hopefully. Poor Sotnas though...

Wrong!!

moutinho v fellaini
matias fernandez v arteta

For does who don't now matias!

YouTube - Matias fernandez ''MATIGOL''

cumps, joker

ps: IS Sporting portugal not lisbon

Last edited:
Hate to be pessimistic, but I reckon even with some of our fallen heroes fit again Sporting will still be too much for us. I rate them on the same level if not slightly higher than Benfica, and we all know what happened there.

We will need the spirit of Fiorentina @ Goodison for both ties, thats for sure.

Also, im guessing that draw now officially means Johnny H will play no part in our European campaign at all this season, correct?

goat will be happy he will get to see the mout!

MOUT CAN BLOW MY FLUTE
WE'LL SHOVE HIS HOPES UP HIS CHUTE.

the homo bleating on about being in a 2nd best comp again, if the r/s dont stop licking their wounds soon they'll befurther up the creek, he was talking like they should go straight into the c.l. semi's

Hate to be pessimistic, but I reckon even with some of our fallen heroes fit again Sporting will still be too much for us. I rate them on the same level if not slightly higher than Benfica, and we all know what happened there.

Also, im guessing that draw now officially means Johnny H will play no part in our European campaign at all this season, correct?

They beat an Everton side without Pienaar, Saha, Arteta, Neville and Jagielka. That's basically five of our best players to be honest. It'll be a tough game, no doubt, but we are good enough to beat them. This is by no means a bridge to far for us.

But saying that, they could say the same about us, they are capable of beating us. It'll be a close game.

How do you figure that? I thought he was eligible as soon as the group stages started.

it looks tough on paper, but with some of the boys back we should be able to give anybody a game.

it's a lot tougher than fc bran we got a couple of years back, thats for sure.

it looks tough on paper, but with some of the boys back we should be able to give anybody a game.

it's a lot tougher than fc bran we got a couple of years back, thats for sure.

Spot on.

There's a reason Sporting are way off the pace in their league.

No, it's not easy, but it could have been harder. We just need to ensure we keep our cool against technically developed players, and mix our strength with some technical stuff ourselves (Bily, Pienaar, and hopefully by then, Arteta).

This is more than do-able.

Everton will win for sure.
I was searching the portuguese league table and sporting lisbon are a mid-table team. And i was surveying their forum and they are stating if they continue playing like that they will lose for sure. well they have a month to buy a new team.

you can see they only have 4 wins in the championship, and they played like [Poor language removed] against hertha, what a great draw for us

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back