The Europa League draw tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two sides living on the dark side of their lives.

After the manager resignation, the club has managed to find an even worse man to put at the helm.

But make no mistake, the players in that squad do have quality and managed to dominate benfica 3 weeks ago.

As for our beloved Blues, I hope them to be much more of a contender than we were against benfica. The squad is getting fully fit.

I expect 2 boring games, to be honest.

Some say I'll be winning anyway, others that I'll bo on the losing side no matter what...:oops:

Sotnas, how would you expect Sporting to line up?

Sporting used to lineup a 4-4-2, diamond formation with Paulo Bento.

After his departure, 4-2-3-1 seems to be the favoured formation for Carvalhal.

In late, Veloso has played left wing and left back (silly decision, to be honest).

Still, Sporting has shown some improvements in the defensive area but a tremendous step back going forward.

Last match at Berlin:

Patricio
Pedro Silva - Carriço - Tonel - Grimi
Adrien - Moutinho
Pereirinha - Fernandez - Izmailov
Saleiro

Which side is stronger on paper?
If you're force to pick a winner which team will it be?

I'd say they are pretty even.

Sporting has problems with both wing backs. They allow crosses and are prone to mistakes.

The centerbacks: Carriço is very young, only 20, but has stepped against all the odds. He can call himself the best defender at the club. There is also Anderson Polga (wolrd cup winner in Korea/Japan) who has made of himself the most useless defender I've seen in a long time.

Everton clearly has players with higher aerial ability and more team work ethic.

On the individual skill department, I think Sporting outnumbers Everton. And I trully believe that some of those lads could achieve planetary status with a proper manager.

Remember Shaktar Uefa's Cup winners from last season were knocked out of the CL by Sporting (we won both matches).

I think it will be a close call. Nothing like what happened with Benfica.

TBH I look at the fact that we are 1 point, yes just 1 from the releg zone and that concerns me. So much that I think the league is more important than this Europa Cup. I hope we get knocked out so we concentrate on the league. Being in Europe is all very nice if you are doing it from a position of strength but not as we are.

Every game for us is now a big game, we have to win and put points on the table, draws will not do.

In another thread I said I would like Moutinho in January, but if we were to get Moutinho and Veloso playing centre midfield with Arteta that would be as strong as anything else in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.