The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fellaini has to go to bring in 3 or 4 players then it's good business, no Loyalty left in footie and it's all about business , I am sick of all the Kenwright / Board bashers , There was folk on here saying we were on the verge of Administration , The truth is most of you bashers are just frustrated that we are not doing well on the pitch and instead of blaming Moyes or the players it's easier to attack the board cos it's the safer option..

If Moyes has nothing to spend in the summer , there are other options , players released , Bosmans etc..We have never been able to spend 20 million plus on one player and IMO it wouldn't do much good as we need 3 or 4 players , so as I said if Fellaini has to go to fund those player , then so be it..

Get off Moyes' back.

If Fellaini has to go to bring in 3 or 4 players then it's good business, no Loyalty left in footie and it's all about business , I am sick of all the Kenwright / Board bashers , There was folk on here saying we were on the verge of Administration , The truth is most of you bashers are just frustrated that we are not doing well on the pitch and instead of blaming Moyes or the players it's easier to attack the board cos it's the safer option..

If Moyes has nothing to spend in the summer , there are other options , players released , Bosmans etc..We have never been able to spend 20 million plus on one player and IMO it wouldn't do much good as we need 3 or 4 players , so as I said if Fellaini has to go to fund those player , then so be it..

Thats not progression though mate...thats taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back, unsettling the team and goin back to fillin a hole left by a key player.

The club cant even afford an 6mill players as a squad filler or someone to boost our team without lettin another player go.

This hasnt changed since the johnson era

It's not at all a bit "meh". It's a bit "HOLY SH**" and a bit "FFS". These accounts are not as bad as they could have been, but are still plenty bad. It is not yet a "crisis", but it's definitely a "situation" we're in.

My comment will be (far) more substantial once the actual audit is put on the website, because I need to see the amortisation and assets and liabilities numbers. The throwaway Echo/Post line "The £8m sale of the Bellefield training ground was used to pay off previous loans" is leaving me baffled - the sale could not have been completed prior to the approval of the planning permission and that happened in the current time period. If it has been booked in the 09/10 accounts it would alter the situation dramatically. It's far more likely that the sale has booked in the 10/11 accounts - this still means that we are not taking up the option to purchase and the lease payments kick in next year.

3 things I need to mention:

1) EFC is nowhere near administration. However, the current accounts make it even less likely that a rational investor/buyer would touch the club with a proverbial bargepole (even though, as atrottel mentioned, investors/buyers in football generally subscribe to the "waiting for the bigger fool" model). And without an investor/buyer, for all the moaning so far, it may turn out that 2002-2009 were the 7 fat years prior to the fallow years.

2) Unless he has relinquished control over player transfers and contract renegotiations, David Moyes is the last person I feel sorry for in this situation.

3) The hope that I and many others shared, that if/when the football bubble bursts (and 2013/2014 is looming large) Everton would be in a better position than most, is sputtering and unless there is a marked improvement in our fortunes on the pich by the end of this season, it will be dead.

Great point there about Bellefield, I wonder if they made a provision in the accounts for those sale proceeds and that is why it is mentioned in may 201 a/cs.

I have heard a rumour from somone who knows the auntie of this lad who lent COD Black ops of this other lad who washs Kentights car and he says that Jesus christ himself will buy the blues with his arld fella becoming technical director of football

Watch this space

I have heard a rumour from somone who knows the auntie of this lad who lent COD Black ops of this other lad who washs Kentights car and he says that Jesus christ himself will buy the blues with his arld fella becoming technical director of football

Watch this space

As long as St. John's not involved I'm fine with that.

Preety bleak kids, told u, losses of 11 mill! Worse then I thought, hadn't anticipated the bellefeild money Would be poured into the club, bad bad move and distorts the accounts massively! Imagine the a counts without that shot in the arm!

Much Of the turnover is artificial and unsustainable, still debt has risen, to be honest this stuff is unsustainable!

Preety bleak kids, told u, losses of 11 mill! Worse then I thought, hadn't anticipated the bellefeild money Would be poured into the club, bad bad move and distorts the accounts massively! Imagine the a counts without that shot in the arm!

Much Of the turnover is artificial and unsustainable, still debt has risen, to be honest this stuff is unsustainable!

But, but I thought we were becoming the new Arsenal?

Well said mate. I think we rescued you from the Waco compound just in time.

To be honest I still don't think the present board have massively bad intentions! as I said to you before, very few evertonians don't want investment, the big question is do you think the present board are blocking investment, personally I don't , I trust them to do the right thing by the club!

That said there are warning shots all over the show here! We lost 7 million, we paid over 4 mill in intrest and we added 8 mill artificial once off revenue to the accounts. The debt and intrest is unsustainable, while the turnover is inflated artficaly by 8 mill! -Tot it all up and that's close to 20 mill of unsustainable debt, outgoings and artificial revenue annually! we've hit the glass ceiling, banged our heads and are on a downward spiral, the business plan just isn't sustainable, without an equity injection, based on those figures and a likely worse set next year! Mat maybe right about a sale, personally for me it will be more selling an asset at peak price, as I can see the accounts and playing side of the club on a downward trajectory without investment!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.