The Everton cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteStocksDJ

Player Valuation: £8m
Snippet taken from an article on talksport website:

I don’t think Everton would even win the Everton cup....

Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s company INEOS considered buying several Premier League clubs, including Chelsea and Newcastle, according to the billionaire’s brother.

Chemicals firm INEOS recently completed an £88.77million takeover of Ligue 1 Nice.

Prior to that purchase, the company looked at the possibility of buying a team in England’s top flight.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe looked at buying a Premier League club
GETTY - CONTRIBUTOR
Sir Jim Ratcliffe looked at buying a Premier League club
Ratcliffe’s brother Bob, who heads up INEOS’ football division, told BBC Radio Five Live’s Sportsweek that it was ‘pretty difficult to rationalise purchases in the Premier League at this time’.

“We’d obviously been looking at Premiership clubs as well. We spent quite a lot of time looking at Premier League clubs,” Bob Ratcliffe said.

“We looked at the valuation of Premiership clubs and £5billion in revenues for the Premier League and the top six clubs are being valued at £2billion and upwards, and £450million of net profit before tax.

“It’s pretty difficult to rationalise purchases in the Premier League at this time for us and then, if you look below the top six, they’re all £150million and above and you’re going to write a cheque for £50million and get in the ‘Everton Cup’.”

Full link here

Everton cup - I read as best of the rest cup.

Sad we're no longer champions, but not bad to be referred to in that way. I mean - it's not the Watford cup at least.

Ratcliffe looks like a 'kin derelict.

Imagine having that scarecrow sitting in the director's box as the club's face to the world. I'd rather stick with our fake billionaire than have that bell end.

Status
Not open for further replies.