The Everton way in transfers

• Thread starter Thread starter BlackToffee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get someone 'huge' - Moutinho / Lucho.

Then a couple of players from the likes of Bradley / M'Bia / Millito / Johnson / Joaquin

Then a couple of typical bargain Moyes signings that turn out to be genius.

All gone a bit quiet on him since he had the 2 internationals a few weeks ago when he looked out of his league

Well aslong as we sign someone I'm not to bothered how we do it.

But I do think that being quiet is the best opiton. Just look at the Moutinho thing -- press gets a sniff we're interested and we've supposidly had a sly bid, who's popped up? Porto are interested in him.

If clubs find out some has bid on someone that could be lured away by another club, they'll muscle in. Look at the Arshavin thing. We were looking into it, he had a good 2 games in the Euro's now everyone wants him. But clubs play it cool. Now the clown who said he wants to play for the top clubs is interested in going to Spurs hahaha. Comical.

Nobody's spent big so far (minus Spurs cos Ramos is clearing house), even Chelsea have on spent 8mill on Deco. Its all about last minute deals -- who's free, who's not. Your 1st choice player might be tempted by another team who then pull out the last minute, leaving you the option to buy him. You cant do that if you splash cash on anyone.

Well aslong as we sign someone I'm not to bothered how we do it.

But I do think that being quiet is the best opiton. Just look at the Moutinho thing -- press gets a sniff we're interested and we've supposidly had a sly bid, who's popped up? Porto are interested in him.

If clubs find out some has bid on someone that could be lured away by another club, they'll muscle in. Look at the Arshavin thing. We were looking into it, he had a good 2 games in the Euro's now everyone wants him. But clubs play it cool. Now the clown who said he wants to play for the top clubs is interested in going to Spurs hahaha. Comical.

Nobody's spent big so far (minus Spurs cos Ramos is clearing house), even Chelsea have on spent 8mill on Deco. Its all about last minute deals -- who's free, who's not. Your 1st choice player might be tempted by another team who then pull out the last minute, leaving you the option to buy him. You cant do that if you splash cash on anyone.

Porto?!?!? rubbish mate. They don't have the resources neither sporting would sell.

well looking at our pre season games to go i think an opportunity has been messed up.

a player needs time to settle and gel.
2 and a half months have passed and no one has arrived (and in truth there is no concrete targets), we fly out on sunday/monday to usa.(so i doubt any signings will happen before then)

we dont get back till the 5th , with a freindly on the 6th.
'if' we dont sign anyone while in the usa then that would mean that at best any new signing will only have 10 days and 2 matches to get acquainted to his new surroundings.to me this isnt enough time to hit the floor running in the new campaign.

i wouldnt be surprised if its the clubs bright idea to save money.
ie , leave it late and we save a whole summer of wages.

The Everton is typified by when we tried to sign Micheal Owen (thankfully we got the Yak instead), we seem to put in a bid but will not consider raising it once its been put on the table, but, it is frustrating.
I'm not saying thats a bad thing, I remember the days Harvey was in charge.

Porto?!?!? rubbish mate. They don't have the resources neither sporting would sell.

Its all 99% bollocks transfer stuff anyway. Was just making a point that the minute a team is interested and its released in the open, another team takes interest. I just read up Porto mentioned something about Moutinho straight after it was reported me "may or may not" of had a cheeky informal bid.

Didnt say it would happen or anything.

Its all 99% bollocks transfer stuff anyway. Was just making a point that the minute a team is interested and its released in the open, another team takes interest. I just read up Porto mentioned something about Moutinho straight after it was reported me "may or may not" of had a cheeky informal bid.

Didnt say it would happen or anything.

The story goes a while back, after some remarks from Porto's president. He said he liked Moutinho.

This has nothing to do with Everton Neither the story written in the press is about an interest from Porto. It's about a casual meeting by both, and being polite people, they greeted each other by shaking hands, as it is usual here.

It was all folklore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back