The form of Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a great idea suits, not only will it force countries into producing their own but it will put a bit more meaning into wearing the shirt. at the moment wearing the shirt of the national team seemingly means nothing to some players.....Gerrard, Lampard et al.

If the country was too actually pay the players their wages would they give the half assed performances that they have done I don't think so. If they still do it then the FA would have to consider they're places on the team as they're paying for their services.

Obviously when Cahill came back from injury he was in fantastic form, scoring almost a goal a game for a few months. Since Christmas though his form has been patchy, with him often being anonymous in games.

I was wondering if those that go to games regularly have noticed opposition teams doing anything in particular to cause this or whether it's just a drop in form from him?

Didn't makelele say something about the key to stopping Everton was to keep Cahill quiet very recently?

His form has dipped in my eyes, but he is a goal threat more than anything, a link up man, not really a chase the ball and win it back kind of player IMO.

If we look at matters conversely a trip with the Aussie side might just do him the world of good(y)

I think your spot on here. Go home clear the head and come back. Actually he usually comes back with a goal scoring vengance when he has a little time off from Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back