The Four Months Though Lads - Worse than Mike Walker

No manager in 70 years has achieved it. Pretty linear thinking really
Pretty simplistic thinking too.

This winless run is longer than any winless run from last season. This season's points total is significantly better than last season and was achieved with a weaker squad.

The length of the winless run has therefore had zero negative effect. I don't LIKE the winless run... But it doesn't actually matter.

Four months without a win is diabolical, whatever way you look at it. We are lucky the sides below us are complete garbage or we would have been in trouble, maybe this won't be the case next season. Dyche did well getting the three results last week, it has probably saved him. We have a poor squad but let's not completely lower our standards..
I'd say we need to lower our standards. Not realizing where and what we are these days is one of the main reasons we are in the position we are in right now.

Postecoglou taking a lot of stick from Spurs fans after recent results. Who would have thought that just ‘trying to win’ and ‘setting up to win’ doesn’t actually mean anything when you don’t then win

For Spurs, a top 6 club that wants to be challenging for titles their fans seem set pieces to be crucial, but at Everton apparently set piece goals don’t count.

Postecoglou taking a lot of stick from Spurs fans after recent results. Who would have thought that just ‘trying to win’ and ‘setting up to win’ doesn’t actually mean anything when you don’t then win

For Spurs, a top 6 club that wants to be challenging for titles their fans seem set pieces to be crucial, but at Everton apparently set piece goals don’t count.
3 defeats on the bounce.

And you are shocked the fans are annoyed?

3 defeats on the bounce.

And you are shocked the fans are annoyed?

No which is my exact point to all the ‘I could accept and results if we were trying to win brigade’. No they couldn’t. No fan base does. Winning is all that matters.

Martinez played some absolutely turgid stuff at times. Lampard played some of the worst football I’ve ever seen yet they both had a personal brand which meant no matter how bad it got they would never be disparaged in the same way Dyche has been.

Klopp’s won games playing long ball hoof kick and rush and playing for set pieces. He’s a genius when he does it though and no one cares about the football. Arsenal are at the top of set pieces this season but that’s a good thing when they’re good at set pieces but a bad thing when it’s Dyche’s Everton. Potter has lost loads of games at Chelsea despite playing the progressive football people criticise Dyche for not playing.

Ultimately results are all that matter and they’ve been a lot better this season than last season and I believe they’d be better next season as well. Anyone who says they can accept bad results if the football is ‘good’ is just a liar.

No which is my exact point to all the ‘I could accept and results if we were trying to win brigade’. No they couldn’t. No fan base does. Winning is all that matters.

Martinez played some absolutely turgid stuff at times. Lampard played some of the worst football I’ve ever seen yet they both had a personal brand which meant no matter how bad it got they would never be disparaged in the same way Dyche has been.

Klopp’s won games playing long ball hoof kick and rush and playing for set pieces. He’s a genius when he does it though and no one cares about the football. Arsenal are at the top of set pieces this season but that’s a good thing when they’re good at set pieces but a bad thing when it’s Dyche’s Everton. Potter has lost loads of games at Chelsea despite playing the progressive football people criticise Dyche for not playing.

Ultimately results are all that matter and they’ve been a lot better this season than last season and I believe they’d be better next season as well. Anyone who says they can accept bad results if the football is ‘good’ is just a liar.
I dont care about style, results are all that matter.

But we ALL wanted Big Sam out and his results were quite amazing all things considered.

Anyway, ive no major problem with retaining Dyche, im not really expecting much, think this will be quite a brutal transfer window and I pity whoever has to navigate this football club for the next few months.

We had a decent run early to mid December and then from the 23rd we went on a run of 13 league games with no wins whatsoever which is absolutely abysmal no matter what happened before or after. If it had happened at any other club he would have been sacked. Everton as a club was and still is in complete disarray and thankfully he eventually managed to turn it around again and lead us to safety which i will always be very grateful for.

I see him as probably necessary with the current instability but definitely not in a brighter future.

We had a decent run early to mid December and then from the 23rd we went on a run of 13 league games with no wins whatsoever which is absolutely abysmal no matter what happened before or after. If it had happened at any other club he would have been sacked. Everton as a club was and still is in complete disarray and thankfully he eventually managed to turn it around again and lead us to safety which i will always be very grateful for.

I see him as probably necessary with the current instability but definitely not in a brighter future.
Not just any other club.

No previous Everton manager has been on such a run and retained their job.

And if we didn't have utter choas off the pitch and an owner who has given up he would have been sacked here as well.

But hey, we got through and here we are, safe as houses.

Not just any other club.

No previous Everton manager has been on such a run and retained their job.

And if we didn't have utter choas off the pitch and an owner who has given up he would have been sacked here as well.

But hey, we got through and here we are, safe as houses.
I don't think he would have been as the fans have not turned on him yet and many games in the run were actually decent draws.

As soon as the fans turn a manager is done regardless of the club. I feel like the only ones fervently wanting him out are those who didn't want him in the first place.