What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 574 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
They'll be there to hand 'celebrity stardust' to it.

FFS I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee on this. It's not exactly tin foil hat stuff to suggest a club of Roma's recent stature are going to eclipse us if they get too close to us.

These 'kin spivs need punting. I hope that deal collapses. I really do.
Well I wish you’d shut up prattling on about it, but we can’t always get what we want.

Edit just realised you’re only ignored if I’m logged in, note to self if I see Dave’s posts, log in

They'll be there to hand 'celebrity stardust' to it.

FFS I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee on this. It's not exactly tin foil hat stuff to suggest a club of Roma's recent stature are going to eclipse us if they get too close to us.

These 'kin spivs need punting. I hope that deal collapses. I really do.

I can't take you seriously when you start prattling on like this Dave

It's not going to do that as they're well capitalised and I think you're delusional thinking we are second fiddle. I really do.

Remember what was said in the "help us out" thread also Dave

The reason they want to move him on is because he is breaking down loads now and we need to stay clear of these sorts of players. We are moving into a new era for the club, lets try and keep it so, I never understand this desire to bring back former players all the time it's weird imo, its like people want to turn the place into a museum.
99% of the time, I agree with you there. You move on and leave them in you're memory bank, but on the odd occasion if the chance is there to bring them back, you grab it. Especially players like Richy. The Lad is blue 💙 through and through.

The likeliness of it ever happening tho, is a different matter...

99% of the time, I agree with you there. You move on and leave them in you're memory bank, but on the odd occasion if the chance is there to bring them back, you grab it. Especially players like Richy. The Lad is blue 💙 through and through.

The likeliness of it ever happening tho, is a different matter...
Who cares, drop the sentimental FC stuff, honest to god some of our fans just want to turn this place into a museum. Richarlison is so overrated by some of our fans its scary.

If it goes the way it appears to be going I would rather be associated with AS Roma than some of the other 'stable' clubs that 666 were intending to lump us in with.

And I don't, for one moment, believe we will be playing second fiddle. If anything, ASR will end up our 'bitch'

Who cares, drop the sentimental FC stuff, honest to god some of our fans just want to turn this place into a museum. Richarlison is so overrated by some of our fans its scary.
I both agree and disagree, to an extent. Is he overrated in terms of his overall ability by some of our fans? Yes, probably so, and the injuries are a concern.

However, for me, this is a horse for a course situation, where I believe Richarlison's influence back at Everton would be far beyond what he'd do elsewhere.

As Superv Kev once said, "At some places it just clicks," and I think here is the place where for him, it would click. Maybe I'm sentimental, but he was pivotal here.

I both agree and disagree, to an extent. Is he overrated in terms of his overall ability by some of our fans? Yes, probably so, and the injuries are a concern.

However, for me, this is a horse for a course situation, where I believe Richarlison's influence back at Everton would be far beyond what he'd do elsewhere.

As Superv Kev once said, "At some places it just clicks," and I think here is the place where for him, it would click. Maybe I'm sentimental, but he was pivotal here.
Not for me mate, I'm sick to death of everybody wanting to turn the clock back all the time then they wonder why we get laughed at and called a 'small time' club, it's exactly things like this. We (hopefully) have new owners now and are going into a new era for the club and into a new ground and imo it should stay that way. Also would you really want to do another deal with Levy?

It's a bit late in the day now to hope the takeover falls through. The Friedkins would just be one another creditor in that scenario. There would be skeletons in the closet uncovered to the extent that any alternative credible buyer would likely be put off and not come near us, leaving us prone to sharks once again.

The multi club thing whilst not the ideal, doesn't keep me up at night. Short of some Sovereign mega-cash buyer, the Friedkins seem to be pretty good candidates as custodians all things considered. They won't subsume us. I'm more confident in our stature and history than that.

If anything, I don't think the Friedkins will truly appreciate what they're getting here until well after this is completed. The kitchen sink has been thrown at us in recent years and here we are, still standing, and about to move in to one of the best new club stadiums in the world.

I have no idea why posters reply to Dave.

He wrecks every bloody thread.

Just don't give this clown the oxygen.

But then again let's not change anything because everything has been great in the last 20 years , right?

As Bob Dylan said The times they are a changing and thank God for Everton that they are

Even if everything went perfectly, we're a minimum of 5 years from the Champions league. I can't see us breaking that glass ceiling. Newcastle and now Vila are only getting to dip thier toes in. So why worry about being associated with Roma? Who knows we may be able to do loans which help our younger players and theirs.

Here, there, and everywhere.

Almost 20 years of it at this point

Should have known that Davek would take a contrarian view on Friedkin Group

I've been chatting to The Esk on twitter on how likely it is the EFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be reinstated by Friedkin Group

He doesn't think it likely from discussions I've had with him

I've been demanding the AGM return for over two years now.

That will not change as I think it is imperative for the good of Everton it is implemented in terms of Corporate Governance

I've chatted to Paul McM @PabloMc2 from the EFC FAB on twitter a few times about it and he was in agreement the EFC AGM should return

Friedkin Group can expect me not to shut up about it even if they initially don't implement it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back