What do we reckon?

• đź‘Ť

Votes: 574 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • đź‘Ž

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
I think its pretty normal for these things to go quiet.

No news till theres news kinda thing.

It was always going to be a long process, they arent buying a phone from Ebay here.

I think people are in for a shock 👇 if they think the Friedkins will be commenting every day. That's not how they do things. We will barely hear from them

I'm of the same view. It could be that some sort of due diligence is going on, but our communication and stewardship has been so negligently incompetent for so long that we're all quite right to be cautious about it. Let's hope it's just due process taking place.

It'll get very different to what's gone before as they don't do "drama". Like the "theatrical one" used to live for

Everton have too many people in the communications team and it needs trimming and revamping

Point is don't expect running commentary from Friedkin Group. That's not what they do

I think people are in for a shock 👇 if they think the Friedkins will be commenting every day. That's not how they do things. We will barely hear from them

It'll get very different to what's gone before as they don't do "drama". Like the "theatrical one" used to live for

Everton have too many people in the communications team and it needs trimming and revamping

Point is don't expect running commentary from Friedkin Group. That's not what they do
Who knows, we might get a chatty CEO.

Who knows, we might get a chatty CEO.

The Roma CEO and COO aren't in their Board

I doubt we will have someone like Baxendale using evertonfc.com to self publicise herself for "business awards" too

It's hard to get an idea of what they will do. It's unlikely they will have a board entirely of people linked to them, the point of independent non executive directors on the board, is to give independent advice and expertise including deciding on director's pay and remuneration

(something the last "board" thought it great they should decide their own pay and pay offs! The last board wasn't a real company board. It was Kenwright's management committee as he just wouldn't have contrary voices to his own on it)

We can however get some idea of what they will do from AS Roma:

AS Roma have an 8 person board of directors, including Dan Freidkin and Ryan Freidkin

Their CEO and COO aren't on the board.

Benedetta Navarra is an independent non-executive director
Ines Gandini is an independent non-executive director
Mirella Pellegrini is an independent non-executive director

Versus 5 other Friedkin appointed directors including Friedkin snr and Friedkin jnr.

This is much more what you would see in a proper company board and is absolutely what I have been calling for at Everton FC for more than 4 years including during #AllTogetherNow

I dont think so, he, they might both join the Board, but I think we will appoint a CEO.

This is the set up at Roma.

ChairmanUnited States Dan Friedkin
Vice ChairmanUnited States Ryan Friedkin
Chief Executive OfficerGreece Lina Souloukou
Sporting DirectorFrance Florent Ghisolfi
Director of DevelopmentItaly Alberto De Rossi
Team ManagerItaly Valerio Cardini

That doesn't show the 8 person board of directors though @perth_blue

On that list only Dan and Ryan Freidkin are on the board of directors

That doesn't show the 8 person board of directors though @perth_blue

On that list only Dan and Ryan Freidkin are on the board of directors
Dan Friedkin has been named the chairman of AS Roma’s new Board of Directors, following the Shareholders’ Meeting held on Tuesday 29 September.
During the meeting, which featured representatives from Romulus and Remus Investments LLC and NEEP Roma Holding SpA, the members of the new nine-person Board of Directors were confirmed, while the length of the new board’s mandate was set at three financial years.
Here is the make-up of the club’s new Board:

Thomas Dan Friedkin (Chairman)
Ryan Patrick Friedkin
Guido Fienga
Marcus Arthur Watts
Eric Felen Williamson III
Analaura Moreira-Dunkel
Benedetta Navarra
Mirella Pellegrini
Ines Gandini

At the end of the Shareholders’ Meeting, the new Board of Directors met for the first time – where Thomas Dan Friedkin was nominated as the Board’s new chairman and Ryan Friedkin was named vice-chairman.
Guido Fienga was elected as chief executive. A new executive committee was also established, which includes Dan Friedkin, Ryan Friedkin, Guido Fienga, Marcus Watts and Eric Williamson.

9 people on the Board.

Dan Friedkin has been named the chairman of AS Roma’s new Board of Directors, following the Shareholders’ Meeting held on Tuesday 29 September.
During the meeting, which featured representatives from Romulus and Remus Investments LLC and NEEP Roma Holding SpA, the members of the new nine-person Board of Directors were confirmed, while the length of the new board’s mandate was set at three financial years.
Here is the make-up of the club’s new Board:

Thomas Dan Friedkin (Chairman)
Ryan Patrick Friedkin
Guido Fienga
Marcus Arthur Watts
Eric Felen Williamson III
Analaura Moreira-Dunkel
Benedetta Navarra
Mirella Pellegrini
Ines Gandini

At the end of the Shareholders’ Meeting, the new Board of Directors met for the first time – where Thomas Dan Friedkin was nominated as the Board’s new chairman and Ryan Friedkin was named vice-chairman.
Guido Fienga was elected as chief executive. A new executive committee was also established, which includes Dan Friedkin, Ryan Friedkin, Guido Fienga, Marcus Watts and Eric Williamson.

9 people on the Board.

Hang on a second... @Goat

Guido Fienga isn't at Roma now. He's at Al Nassr

So 8 person board as Lina Souloukou who replaced him isn't on the board

I'm fine if it's infrequent communication. They will be judged on deeds and not words.

If the takeover is completed though, their initial statement does need to strike the right tone.

A running commentary isn't necessary and is a distraction with too much work to do.

There is enough through social media channels for the media team to do, based on football and community engagement.

I do think the club needs a new face in that respect though, it would be wise to have a clean slate from Kenwright-led propaganda efforts.

I'm fine if it's infrequent communication. They will be judged on deeds and not words.

If the takeover is completed though, their initial statement does need to strike the right tone.

A running commentary isn't necessary and is a distraction with too much work to do.

There is enough through social media channels for the media team to do, based on football and community engagement.

I do think the club needs a new face in that respect though, it would be wise to have a clean slate from Kenwright-led propaganda efforts.

Put me on the EFC Board and David Prentice and Richard Kenyon and a number of others will be sacked. Day 1.

The dungeons and dragons style analysis towards potential ownership seems a little excessive at this stage, from looking at how roma has been operated it has provided me with some guarded optimism which feels unnatural being an everton supporter still it seems there is clear vision in how they structure and run clubs opposed to the chaotic setup employed by moshiri

Put me on the EFC Board and David Prentice and Richard Kenyon and a number of others will be sacked. Day 1.
v
1721238173478.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back