The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the transfer history of Roma in recent years. This owner does not invest much in transfer. They have ambitious but more focus on sustainability.
Not focusing on sustainability has cost us 8 points and about 12 million in merit payments... I'd love to just be able to follow Everton again without having to worry about finances being a mess.

I have found the transfer history of Roma in recent years. This owner does not invest much in transfer. They have ambitious but more focus on sustainability.

I won't claim to have intricate knowledge of Roma, but when I checked I could see they'd invested heavily.

They had massive problems/FFP issues which no doubt has hindered their recruitment. This article from inews pretty much sums up what I read up about them a little while ago;

The Friedkins have plunged an estimated $1bn into Roma in four years, repairing the club’s finances and – crucially – dragging them back into financial fair play compliance over four years. They modernised the club by appointing their first sporting director, revenues improved by 17 per cent last season and there has been a Europa Conference League victory on their watch. In the debit column they have failed to land Champions League football.

The one red flag when I look at Roma's financial reporting is that the debt continues to pile up. I assume this is because the Friedkins are providing some of the capital injection in the form of loans, rather than equity. There's no other reason for that much money to go in, yet have the debt increase.

They've retired the high interest debt they inherited, so interest costs are down, which is what we need right now. I can't say I like the prospect of owners taking any increase in revenue out of the club in the form of interest charges, but it beats paying 20% interest on huge debts.

It looks like about what one might expect from American ownership: turnaround artists who are here for the medium term, rather than the long haul. If they right the ship, I doubt any of us will begrudge what they take out along the way before selling on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back