What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
It's classic GOT this. Like 2008 or 2010 or 2016 all over again and @davek trolling the forum like a pro

@Goat I can't understand how he can possibly think EFC will play second fiddle to Roma. Is he mad bro?

Nah, as we saw with his lunacy over the new ground, with Death Star turbine blades, the wrong brickwork and the lethal entrances and exits, he’s only warming up.

I'm not trolling anyone.

There's a distinct possibility that they'd focus on Juventus. But the details of any deal have yet to emerge yet on just how they'll invest in the club and what strings will be attached to it and that's of no concern to most.

And you and others haven't addressed the very legitimate concern that we'll see our club lose its identity by being seen as part of a group of clubs...we all saw that happen with 777 and how all those clubs become lost in the wider association they have with their owners. But hey, what's 146 years worth of heritage....?

Why would there be any details of how they will invest in the group, they haven't even agreed exclusivity as yet, it could still fall through just as you want. How will we lose our identity ? We will always be Everton to us and that's all that matters as far as I'm concern and why are you so bloody negative about everything..

Calm down Pugwash no one's getting rid of Z-cars
Sore point mate, I like tradition, I was a sea farer from a family of sea farers, I started going to the match in 62-63 just around the time when they started playing it. It's just part of Everton for me and I think it's important that fans who are not from Liverpool should know that it has more significance than just being a TV series theme tune. Rant over.

Once Bramley Moore is up and running, a mid table Everton is estimated to have at least 1.5x the turnover of Roma.

This is without European football and excludes non football revenue such as concerts etc.

I think that tells you all you need to know about the future shape of the group if the deal completes.

They bankroll Texas Republican governors and senators, for sure.

Just wondering what the resident yanks on here feel about that?

@SerenityNigh @LinekersLegs etc....
Like most big companies (the individuals who own them and PACs) in Texas, including the very progressive grocery giant HEB, they moreso support the status quo.

However, Friedkin Group-affiliated persons/PACs have given the DNC $41,300 and Joe Biden $13,200 in 2024. Gavin Newsom's campaign has received the third-highest donation to any individual candidate this year ($6k).

Had to look it up and this is correct, it's the same group. Per the venerable wiki: "On September 10, 2013, FC Dallas reached an agreement with Gulf States Toyota Distributors, headquartered in Houston, to rename its home field Toyota Stadium. The 17 practice fields around the stadium would be known as Toyota Soccer Center."
It's on the Friedkin group websites timeline.

Sore point mate, I like tradition, I was a sea farer from a family of sea farers, I started going to the match in 62-63 just around the time when they started playing it. It's just part of Everton for me and I think it's important that fans who are not from Liverpool should know that it has more significance than just being a TV series theme tune. Rant over.
There's no way they'll get rid of Z-Cars. They'll find a way to monetise "tradition" like all good capitalists. They will definitely be raising ticket prices, though, but fans really can't demand top-class state-of-the-art facilities and think we can still pay among the lowest prices in the divsion. So, the new era will definitely be different. The game's moved on for better or worse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back