Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 761 71.6%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters
Something people may wish to pay attention to from 18 June 2024:

Insiders tell i that despite their tendency to shy away from public utterances they will be in tune with fan sentiment at Everton and it is likely to drive some of their decisions. It is understood they regularly monitor the press and social media to see what supporters are saying about them.

It is likely they will have their corporate management team on places like @GrandOldTeam, gathering information for them.

Which is quite normal for any public facing company.

Although I doubt they will engage in a tit for tat campaign as the Bill Kenwright regime did, to any form of criticism of him.

The difference in PR approach to the 777 Partners nonsense where it was daily, daily statements is startling.

Something people may wish to pay attention to from 18 June 2024:

It is likely they will have their corporate management team on places like @GrandOldTeam, gathering information for them.

Which is quite normal for any public facing company.

Although I doubt they will engage in a tit for tat campaign as the Bill Kenwright regime did, to any form of criticism of him.

The difference in PR approach to the 777 Partners nonsense where it was daily, daily statements is startling.

Whether they care is another thing.

And whether they should care, or act on that sentiment is another debate.

Whether they care is another thing.

And whether they should care, or act on that sentiment is another debate.

I think it wise to see everything and not exclude anything from what I read or hear about

Generally, however I make my own decisions and I expect they will do the same, although I expect they will install a corporate management team at the club, of their own choosing.

Edit. I also expect they will bring in some independent non-exec directors too, which will help the business in general.

The last thing I want to see is another approach like Moshiri had of sacking managers every time he heard a bit of discontent about them and then saying whats the problem you asked for it.

I think we need to avoid comparing it to Moshiri. He's been idiotic in how he has acted all the way along. He failed to bring in top top people to run the corporate side of the club and removing those like Bill Kenwright that had no business being there. Those he did bring in with expertise he ignored or bypassed.

I just don't see that happening here with the Friedkins. I think they'll run it arms-length and strategic sense, but not tactical which will be left to their corporate management team

There are so many opportunities with this to improve Everton...

I think we need to avoid comparing it to Moshiri. He's been idiotic in how he has acted all the way along. He failed to bring in top top people to run the corporate side of the club and removing those like Bill Kenwright that had no business being there. Those he did bring in with expertise he ignored or bypassed.

I just don't see that happening here with the Friedkins. I think they'll run it arms-length and strategic sense, but not tactical which will be left to their corporate management team

There are so many opportunities with this to improve Everton...
I don't know what they'll do and neither do you. I'm just saying I don't want them to take that sort of approach not saying they will.

I don't know what they'll do and neither do you. I'm just saying I don't want them to take that sort of approach not saying they will.

You've misunderstood what I was saying. We can certainly make educated speculation on what they may do.

Much as the esteemed poster suggested below (bold text):

You can make informed opinions though. If one group agrees to buy a collection of assets, and while under contract the selling group sells a large asset, it will either be discussed or a reduction in purchase price will be discussed, depending on what happens with the cash. Moshiri wants out, he won't jeopardize the deal unless he's forced to, and if he's forced to, he'd tell Friedken.

We are in very interesting times for Everton Football Club now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back