What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
We aren’t finishing this stadium any time soon. It’s always ‘we need another 100+ million’, there’s always something slowing it down and making it astronomically more expensive than forecast.
It's only a few months from being completed and TFG loan covers that period

Ultimately, Friedkin Group could have paid off the loans owed to 777. Reading between the lines, they were buying the club on the hope of 777 crumbling and them not having to pay back the loans. ACap have kicked up a fuss so Friedkin has decided he doesn't want to either pay them off in full / fight a court battle.

In that scenario, its no great loss. The club need committed owners willing to spend cash. The lack of backing of the DOF when trying to compete with the mighty Ipswich for Philogene was a red flag.
More proof your god 'Sir Farhad' is and has always been the cancer of this club in recent times. Good luck blaming Bill with this one.

Yes. Once the stadium is built then its going to mean a long term low interest loan against the stadium and R&M + TFG + 777 all paid off.

If we stay in business until the stadium is complete -- pay the 3 entities off and were in a FAR better position for a sale.

Suggests to me that they were never serious. Due diligence would not take more than a fortnight and especially interesting is that everything is public knowledge.

They paid off 158 million in debt and aren't serious? Does not compute.

I've only read a bit on this but it appears to me we now owe Friedkin what we owed MSP, and Friedkin are content with that situation. The club is still up for sale and Moshiri still covers day to day running by his own admission.

If there is more to this that people definitively know that warrants the meltdowns then I stand corrected in advance. What I do know for certain is I'm determined not to spend this season reading PSR rules and Accounts like last season.
I want to shout at refs and both love & hate Dyche's tactics in equal measure.

If the Football is about to stop, then I'll be concerned. Happy Friday everyone :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back