What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Someone posted a newspaper article from 2020 a dozen or so pages back from when TFG were looking to buy Roma. The article stated they had walked away from talks, which apparently they did do at one point. About an hour before that I got word that someone we know on the playing side suggested that TFG might just be playing hardball to secure a better deal. Source is 100% high up on playing side of the club. Don't know if they know more than us or it was just wishful thinking on their part.
Thanks

Interesting if this is a tactic, guess we just have to wait and see

I was enjoying the day and the sunshine...

Maybe this was always their plan.

Problem is that there are too many EFC fans who fall for the charm of US businessmen.

American owners are largely shysters just look at the Glazers and the state of Old Trafford.

Need to steer clear of them & Super Blues Bell & Dowling with their big Dell backed loan put against BMD also.

Maybe you should tell your nobhead idiot mate who owns us to avoid American owners seeing as the last 3 he’s given exclusivity to have all been American.

These were supposed to be 'serious people'. Remember that.

They KNEW all the baggage of 777/A-Cap/Leadenhall and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all before they started 'discussions' with Moshiri.

Now the 'serious people' with 'football club governance experience' have just added another layer of debt and got out.

The clever people among our support were championing that lot.

Bear that in mind when they tell you anything more about who's best owning and controlling this club.

The worst development there's ever been in modern football is the fan-finance 'experts'. They destroy other fans enjoyment in following a football club with their grandstanding, and at the end of the day they know about as much as the rest of us...absolute f.a.

I've said for ages: just watch the football. There's nothing for us to get engaged with or het-up about over ownership issues. It happens above our heads and always has done.

We'll get our new owners at some point. It's as sure as night follows day. And we wont end up like Leeds before it happens either.

Do yourself a favour: stop listening to the fan-financial experts. Stop mithering yourself with off-field affairs - we're not privy to them in any case, and neither is any 'expert' fan. Just focus on supporting the team.

Kinell mate, you've called these guys shysters since they were first reported interested. Let the old bumhole relax and gloat a little, ok? I can't imagine how insufferable you'd be if you were occasionally right about something.

You're right.
I'm trying to take all this new development in, and failing miserably. So at this present moment I just feel like cashing my chips in and walking away from the whole shebang. It's my own fault as once again I thought the club had turned a corner and was on the up. I'll never learn.
The best I can do is take @davek advice in his latest post and just watch the football.

The club is on the up.

As a popular beat combo once sang ...

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
I've got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you

These were supposed to be 'serious people'. Remember that.

They KNEW all the baggage of 777/A-Cap/Leadenhall and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all before they started 'discussions' with Moshiri.

Now the 'serious people' with 'football club governance experience' have just added another layer of debt and got out.

The clever people among our support were championing that lot.

Bear that in mind when they tell you anything more about who's best owning and controlling this club.

The worst development there's ever been in modern football is the fan-finance 'experts'. They destroy other fans enjoyment in following a football club with their grandstanding, and at the end of the day they know about as much as the rest of us...absolute f.a.

I've said for ages: just watch the football. There's nothing for us to get engaged with or het-up about over ownership issues. It happens above our heads and always has done.

We'll get our new owners at some point. It's as sure as night follows day. And we wont end up like Leeds before it happens either.

Do yourself a favour: stop listening to the fan-financial experts. Stop mithering yourself with off-field affairs - we're not privy to them in any case, and neither is any 'expert' fan. Just focus on supporting the team.
What fresh hell is this?

People championed them because they look like people who can actually run a football club in some kind of organised fashion.
When takeovers happen, people do ‘due diligence’ on the books. This is when they deep dive the finances and look at what actually is rather than what the seller claims. And it seems that the details aren’t as they expected.

The good news? They weren’t the only people interested, so all should be fine

Kinell mate, you've called these guys shysters since they were first reported interested. Let the old bumhole relax and gloat a little, ok? I can't imagine how insufferable you'd be if you were occasionally right about something.
back on topic: Moshiri is a massive fraud. if he ever sets foot in the city again, even Baxendale will have him in a headlock

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back