What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
I think the hope was negotiating a hair cut, the 777 debt apparently has a 10.25% interest rate and matures in 2026. You can work out the interest rate, so that’s clocking in the background, if that can’t be settled by court injunction, then it’s significant finance to take on and a lot of money you need to pay - that’s dictated by a third party in this case a court, while you don’t know who eventually will own the debt and their intentions.

May be other things at play - more then likely Friedkin loan would turn to equity, while the plan would have been to restructure R&M and 7777, with more sustainable debt - that can’t happen with the 777 situation = more money the business haemorrhages, that you can’t control.

Equally I think there was some talk of Moshiri bearing the burden in his asking price and that and all above was to great too overcome - apparently this all happened Weds.
Mosh doesn't need the money, he could just lower his personal gain to a penny and he could finally walk away.. (Still Minted)

Hi Dave, welcome back, this is the 4th Group that has attempted to take us over in the last 12 months, they certainly arent the first.
They wont be the last, that's for sure.

Friedkin wasn't big enough for us. He shat it.

He wont be missed.

no something bigger is a miss here

why is he funding the stadium?

so weird
It's interesting ain't it. Not just pumped in £200m, but continuing to fund the build.

I think along the same lines as Neiler that the Friedkin group have more cooled their interest than ended it completely. Waiting to see what happens to the 777 group with their legal and financial issues.

It's interesting ain't it. Not just pumped in £200m, but continuing to fund the build.

I think along the same lines as Neiler that the Friedkin group have more cooled their interest than ended it completely. Waiting to see what happens to the 777 group with their legal and financial issues.
We can't wait that long for a new owner - we had 4-5 buyers interested & the Mosh picked these - another error after 777 - who will be in court next May for debts ....
The only hope is they have left the funds in for us - they may come back & tell Mosh he has to lower the price of his cut ?

I don’t think it’s as bad as it seems, honestly. Somebody will be willing to take the risk and TFG might be flexing some muscle to renegotiate the purchase price based on perceived risk.
That 'Somebody' Scares me even more. Just another 777 promising what they can't Deliver ( or in it for the wrong reason ) like the reading owners, who would just sell off the Stadium straight away.
TFG knew who we had been dealing with, so they knew what they were getting into before any looking into the club. So it just doesn't add up.
Is it just Mosh that's the stumbling block...

The Blokes a bloody Accountant and all he's done is built up so much Debt that we are becoming unsellable 🙄

They did say they had done the same kind of thing with Roma

( But this is Everton we're talking about, we don't get that kind of luck )

I think the theory that FM is baiting buyers into financing the stadium is very unlikely but intriguing. 400M investment we couldn’t get elsewhere? What an idea.

I don’t think it’s as bad as it seems, honestly. Somebody will be willing to take the risk and TFG might be flexing some muscle to renegotiate the purchase price based on perceived risk.
I agree with you. Now that the dust has settled (a little) I believe we are in a far less precarious position than were have been for a while. With the expected sale of Onana which the majority of us feel is a great thing, we have removed the threat of administration and, hopefully ,points deductions in upcoming seasons. FM surely has to be getting ga but edgy about not completing a sale and it will be interesting how this influences any future sale. There wasn't any lack of interest until the surprise announcement a few weeks ago about the most recent exclusivity period so I expect others will see Everton for what they are - a great opportunity.

Absolutely taken back about this hearing about it going into the Sligo game today so dunno much of the ins and outs and too tired to look back on what's happened but presume t's either the finances are worse than they thought or don't want to be linked with paying russians or a dodgy American group aka 777? If anyone can fill me in on the jist of it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back