Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 775 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
Don’t be a bell

I m asking because a RMF issue could scupper this and I want to know if they could do it again.

The original post referenced Bill so ask why ?
You don’t be touchy about Bill, makes you look like a happy clapper.
Why would it scupper the deal,
MSP didn’t get to an exclusivity agreement,
This group have, some of our fans will
Try and find a negative in everything

download (22).webp

Don’t be a bell

I m asking because a RMF issue could scupper this and I want to know if they could do it again.

The original post referenced Bill so ask why ?

Rights and Media Funding cannot scupper anything if it is an all equity bid and results in them being paid off. The only time they could scupper something is in the event of a leveraged purchase and their loans seniority were being challenged. Which is what happened in MSP case.

I do not believe this applies here. Also to get exclusivity it implies MSP have been paid off already or there is a contract in place to pay them off following due diligence.

It is also pretty well known most purchasers were wanting to remove the burden of the high interest (Bank of England + 5.5% pa) loans of R&MF by paying them off

IMHO R&MF loans should never have been taken out in the first place. Or 777 Partners. It cost Evertonians and our club a lot of money and IMHO only benefited Bill Kenwright as gave him influence via the creditors

Wikipedia: “Friedkin is involved in conservation efforts through the Friedkin Conservation Fund, which works to protect millions of acres of endangered wildlife areas and stimulate community development in East Africa. FCF also conducts research and monitoring in order to make effective wildlife management decisions and promote long-term sustainability of wildlife and their wilderness.[21][22]

The family also leases 3.2 million acres of protected wildlife areas across Tanzania for conservation.[23]

Friedkin is also the Chairman-Emeritus of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission,[24] which manages and conserves the natural and cultural resources of Texas.[25] In 2014, Friedkin and Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation, along with other conservation organizations, made the largest conservation investment in Texas history when they purchased the 17,351-acre Powderhorn Ranch to preserve one of the largest remaining tracts of unspoiled coastal prairie in Texas.“

Amazing to have such an environmentally conscious businessman besides his obvious business exploits. What a gent!

You don’t be touchy about Bill, makes you look like a happy clapper.
Why would it scupper the deal,
MSP didn’t get to an exclusivity agreement,
This group have, some of our fans will
Try and find a negative in everything
Yes they did.

They could scupper the deal if they are either not paid or don't agree to the Friedken group assuming the debt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back