Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 761 71.6%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters
This is the sort of void which is normally filled with our Social Media puppet masters.

Where's the TLDR post about our finances and how the Friedkin bid will fail ?

Must all be on hols.

I think it is fairly clear that we are more likely to be hit by an asteroid than this will fail

They have a lot of capital available and it's all their money

This is nothing at all like the 777 Partners shenanigans. Which I think is causing some people to be paranoid over

In that case there was a PR campaign waged to enforce 777 Partners onto us all

Friedkin Group don't need to engage in hard selling.

Last edited:

I think it is fairly clear that we are more likely to be hit by an asteroid than this will fail

They have a lot of capital available and it's all their money

This is nothing at all like the 777 Partners shenanigans. Which I think is causing some people to be paranoid over

In that case there was a PR campaign waged to enforce 777 Partners onto us all

Friedkin Group don't need to engage in hard selling.
;) what he said

I sound impatient here but how long do these things take, it's all very quiet isn't it.
It's the purchase of a half-billion-dollar business in one of the richest sports leagues in the world, not a second hand tv off craigslist. Friedkin will have his people going through every inch of this club with a fine toothcomb, turning over every stone. Could be weeks or even months if so required. Then there's all the Premier Leagues owners tests to deal with, which could also be any amount of time - assuming of course, he wants to proceed with the purchase of a business that is currently a financial mess.

He's obviously a serious guy, and conducts his business in private, not like 777 who had a public running commentary. It's a lengthy process, they're professional people, and I'm sure they'll update the world only when there is something concrete to report. Signs are positive so far though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back