Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 776 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
Pointing out we stand to be enveloped by an organisation that will retain us as one of a number of football clubs is no big deal then?

That's quite besides whatever financial model we have imposed on us...and the impact it has on team building: "Hey you guys, we'll buy young and we'll buy cheap. It'll be swell".

But you have no qualms about it all.
Sadly Dave we aren't in a position to be too choosy. If they sell us on if a few years with added value,so be it.

Let’s say we rise like a phoenix from the ashes, Dycheballing our way to a Europa League berth next season. Let’s say we fall back in line with PSR and post our healthiest financials for years.

How exactly would those achievements be cheapened by sharing common ownership with a club in another country?

Will it proper decimate your soul if the auld fella reading the classified results goes “Liverpool 1, Everton (they’re owned by the fella who’s got Roma) 2”???
Because that other club from another UEFA country may well qualify for that tournament and two into one doesn't go under ownership rules as far as I know. Not sure how the RB teams work around it but there must, at the very least, be a pecking order there somewhere.

Good

It’s not kenwright
Moshiri
Peter Johnson

Far wealthier and able to take the club forward and out of the constant Groundhog Day misery we’ve been in for the last 4 years.

The games changed, multi club ownership exists, deal with it.

Slating them and telling us all of your thoughts in what you perceive to be their intentions doesn’t mean you are right. It’s just your thoughts.

Experience of them shows they don't work, and there's a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul about them.

The choice by Moshiri was based on who'd hand him HIS best deal rather than who'd be best for Everton.
Doubt anyone who buys us will really care what's best for us. There's a strong possibility that it'll be a Moshiri MK2 scenario. They are buying access to Prem TV rights that's the marketable currency.

My take for what it’s worth
Is another 10 to 20 years most pl clubs will be part of this model and have sister clubs around the world in other leagues.
The way money is now controlling every aspect of the game it’s going to be near impossible for independently wealthy owners to go it alone and compete the games changed on and off the field .
Both for the worse in my opinion BUT if we are going down that route I’d sooner it be with one who own one of the worlds most historic and iconic clubs in Roma and worry and debate who they value more us or them !!!

Imagine it was the other lot and talking about
Us and Genoa or standard

Multi-club organisations:

Look at the state of them. There's about two successful clubs in the whole midden. This is the future.

Because that other club from another UEFA country may well qualify for that tournament and two into one doesn't go under ownership rules as far as I know. Not sure how the RB teams work around it but there must, at the very least, be a pecking order there somewhere.
An excellent point.

I assume there'd be two different holding companies, perhaps with Dad in charge of one and Lad in charge of another, so that control isn't deemed to be under the same individual/entity for both clubs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back