Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 776 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
How many are there of these models ?
I would guess a handful at best to early to judge this model for me

Red bull have done fantastic some would say
777 were a disaster as has come to light

For me there isn’t enough to go on yet
To judge the model and there owners motives
To rule it out as a model
As of March 2023, CIES Sports Intelligence found evidence of 254 teams involved in multi-club ownership.

Well I mean more if they expand in future but having a side as strong as Roma linked can't exactly be a bad thing if they want to trade players between.

Some multi-club models are so low down they're not exactly expecting big things. Others work really well: City group, Chelsea's new side hustle, Brighton, Red Bull etc.
I'm not that bothered about it but I can see why people aren't sure. If all their interest was in us you can see the benefit and if their other club was FC Twente or someone you can see the benefit but Everton and Roma is a bit different to any other multi club set up I can think of so theres a few more questions being asked about how it will work.

Pointing out we stand to be enveloped by an organisation that will retain us as one of a number of football clubs is no big deal then?

That's quite besides whatever financial model we have imposed on us...and the impact it has on team building: "Hey you guys, we'll buy young and we'll buy cheap. It'll be swell".

But you have no qualms about it all.
To be honest Dave, the state we are in, I would have qualms about any owner, but, I will give them the opportunity to prove themselves. In any event they will better than Moshiri or 777, they have experience of football club ownership, the have a successful business empire and will come in viewing Evertonian n as a failing business. It's fairly obvious that the only immediate priority will to increase income and decrease outgoings, that is just plain common sense, this club is in an unsustainable financial position.

If they steady the ship, keep us out of relegation trouble and get us up and running at the new ground, that will be their short term aim successfully achieved. At that stage they will have to decide whether to invest and grow the club, of, sell on for a profit. Either way I think we will be in a much healthier position three years from now, if this goes ahead.

If course I maybe wrong, I am prepared to admit that, as an open minded person. I do, however, have high hopes for the future if this deal goes ahead.

To be honest Dave, the state we are in, I would have qualms about any owner, but, I will give them the opportunity to prove themselves. In any event they will better than Moshiri or 777, they have experience of football club ownership, the have a successful business empire and will come in viewing Evertonian n as a failing business. It's fairly obvious that the only immediate priority will to increase income and decrease outgoings, that is just plain common sense, this club is in an unsustainable financial position.

If they steady the ship, keep us out of relegation trouble and get us up and running at the new ground, that will be their short term aim successfully achieved. At that stage they will have to decide whether to invest and grow the club, of, sell on for a profit. Either way I think we will be in a much healthier position three years from now, if this goes ahead.

If course I maybe wrong, I am prepared to admit that, as an open minded person. I do, however, have high hopes for the future if this deal goes ahead.
They have just over 3 years experience of soccerball teams. People see what Roma did and think it's down to them need their heads feeling. That was Mourinho and his organisational skills.

All sounds good to me, someone to get us running properly, real sustainability, sensible transfers in/out.

Lets worry down the road about the questions regarding which club they would priorities....im not sure it works like that exactly.

Excellent interview about our potential new owners- The Friedkin Group

Well worth a listen.

• Doesn't flap his gums in the media, he really only communicates through official channels
  • Doesn't interfere with football matters
  • Willing to spend (whilst respecting regulations)
  • Used to coming into clubs in an extremely messy situation
  • Seems they've already earmarked the person to take on most of the day to day exec leadership at Roma whilst they switch attention to Everton (basically the opposite of what Chicken Licken says. Quelle Surprise!)
Honestly , what's not to like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back