Votes: 600 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 245 27.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 4.4%

• Total voters
You an expert on Roma now Damo?

We had this discussion in July 2024 @Goat

It's hard to get an idea of what they will do. It's unlikely they will have a board entirely of people linked to them, the point of independent non executive directors on the board, is to give independent advice and expertise including deciding on director's pay and remuneration

(something the last "board" thought it great they should decide their own pay and pay offs! The last board wasn't a real company board. It was Kenwright's management committee as he just wouldn't have contrary voices to his own on it)

We can however get some idea of what they will do from AS Roma:

AS Roma have an 8 person board of directors, including Dan Freidkin and Ryan Freidkin

Their CEO and COO aren't on the board.

Benedetta Navarra is an independent non-executive director
Ines Gandini is an independent non-executive director
Mirella Pellegrini is an independent non-executive director

Versus 5 other Friedkin appointed directors including Friedkin snr and Friedkin jnr.

This is much more what you would see in a proper company board and is absolutely what I have been calling for at Everton FC for more than 4 years including during #AllTogetherNow

That doesn't show the 8 person board of directors though @perth_blue

On that list only Dan and Ryan Freidkin are on the board of directors

Dan Friedkin has been named the chairman of AS Roma’s new Board of Directors, following the Shareholders’ Meeting held on Tuesday 29 September.
During the meeting, which featured representatives from Romulus and Remus Investments LLC and NEEP Roma Holding SpA, the members of the new nine-person Board of Directors were confirmed, while the length of the new board’s mandate was set at three financial years.
Here is the make-up of the club’s new Board:

Thomas Dan Friedkin (Chairman)
Ryan Patrick Friedkin
Guido Fienga
Marcus Arthur Watts
Eric Felen Williamson III
Analaura Moreira-Dunkel
Benedetta Navarra
Mirella Pellegrini
Ines Gandini

At the end of the Shareholders’ Meeting, the new Board of Directors met for the first time – where Thomas Dan Friedkin was nominated as the Board’s new chairman and Ryan Friedkin was named vice-chairman.
Guido Fienga was elected as chief executive. A new executive committee was also established, which includes Dan Friedkin, Ryan Friedkin, Guido Fienga, Marcus Watts and Eric Williamson.

9 people on the Board.

Hang on a second... @Goat

Guido Fienga isn't at Roma now. He's at Al Nassr

So 8 person board as Lina Souloukou who replaced him isn't on the board

I know that AS Roma have an 8 person board.

You seemingly didn't know that.

Lina Souloukou wasn't on their board and Guido Fienga who you quoted as a board member had left the club to go to Saudi Arabia.

I knew that @Goat

You didn't
No I didn't, but I don't claim to be an expert.

I googled some wrong information, when it was shown I was wrong I had the grace to not continue to labour wrong information and bore the arse off the whole forum.

For the record, I have no idea why De Rossi was sacked and neither do you.

I googled some wrong information, when it was shown I was wrong I had the grace to not continue to labour wrong information and bore the arse off the whole forum.

I never claimed I did know

Reading between the lines @Neiler it appears she may have got the manager sacking wrong

It happens

Think there was a clash between the CEO and him

Is that not clear for you @Goat

Me and @Neiler were just discussing what may have happened. Reading between the lines. Based on what we think and what it appears has happened.

Damon doesn't care and he's not bothered mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back