• 👍

Votes: 761 71.6%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters
The court hearing is at 8pm UK time.

Seems very doubtful that we would get a resolution then on an issue that has this degree of complexity.

Nothing I have read since last Monday's announcement indicates the takeover is materially subject to the approval of the New York court.

The joint statement referred to the FCC / FA / PL approval only.

Surely TFG were confident in the robustness of the agreements that are in place and in their own legal advice before going public with the announcement, particularly given their caution previously. I would imagine such advice does not come cheap but lawyers are not infallible either.

It's a little nervy to read anything that involves a court decision pending though.

It would be good to have some reassurance here on what the worst scenario is. Does an adverse judgement mean the potential payback is just higher whilst the takeover proceeds per the expected timeline?

I assume TFG have a plan B and Plan C for any increased liability at a later date if that happened.

I think if this was seen as a big issue mate, TFG wouldn't have signed a legal contract last week, im sure there is a get out in that - but the sentiment is there, i suspect this is prearranged through back channels.

I’m a finance lawyer (not an accountant but I believe the following is correct: If you borrower money an asset (cash) and a liability (the debt) is created on your balance sheet but it has no impact on your income/profit and loss statement. Similarly, when you repay a loan your assets are reduced (since you use cash) but your liabilities are also reduced (since you have repaid the loan), again this has no impact on your income/profit and loss statement. Payments of interest are accounted for as an expense and do figure as a deduction on your income/profit and loss statement and reduce taxable profits. Repayments of principal are balance sheet items and aren’t tax deductible.
I agree. Oddly @Damo_1878 liked your post. Go figure!

IMG_9070.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back