Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 776 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
I think (my opinion) Dave has been talking some utter wham in here but that is bang out of order.
It's not an anti-semitic joke. It's a joke that requires the audience to appreciate that anti-semitism is bad.

No one actually thinks the resident forum energy vampire dislikes the guy because he's Jewish.

I won't give them a chance because quite beside the fact that we don't know what they'll do in terms of investing in the team we DO KNOW that by joining them we lose a huge part of our identity.

For that alone I will oppose Friedkin or any other empire builder like him owning Everton. And I have to say I'm staggered that there are people out there who have agitated for Moshiri to leave because he's done enormous damage to the club - its standing and status - who are willing to turn a blind eye to this subsumption of our club by a corporation who'll destroy our particularity as a football institution. There's people who were involved in the All Together campaign who are holding the doors open to this lot, and it makes them look ridiculous. They know who they are...
You 'wont give them a chance' you will 'Oppose Friedkin or any other empire builder like him owning Everton'. May it ask what you will do to prevent it, or what form your protest will take. I suppose you could stop going to the match, on wait.

The cold hard facts are Dave, if Moshiri wants to sell to Friedkin and Friedkin wants to buy from Moshiri, it will happen. Your thoughts, my thoughts and anybody else's thoughts will be of absolutely no importance to them.

For what it's worth, I think that the Friedkin group may well be just what we need. Somebody needs to realise that the madness has to stop before we cease to exist.

Dave, sat in front of his keyboard right now

giphy.gif

You 'wont give them a chance' you will 'Oppose Friedkin or any other empire builder like him owning Everton'. May it ask what you will do to prevent it, or what form your protest will take. I suppose you could stop going to the match, on wait.

The cold hard facts are Dave, if Moshiri wants to sell to Friedkin and Friedkin wants to buy from Moshiri, it will happen. Your thoughts, my thoughts and anybody else's thoughts will be of absolutely no importance to them.

For what it's worth, I think that the Friedkin group may well be just what we need. Somebody needs to realise that the madness has to stop before we cease to exist.
It won't be of importance to them, but it should be of importance to supporters.

As I said above: there's people involved in the Altogether Now campaign waiving this lot through...after talking a a big talk about getting shut of Moshiri to preserve our identity as a club. It's contradictory and make no sense.

I don't mind The Esk, but he's now in the position where his agitation to get shut of Moshiri was logically followed by his support for two Evertonians to gain control of the club - but now believes that a corporation with multiple products and services with Everton joining part of their entertainment portfolio is a good thing...because these people are good at business.

I'm sorry, but I cant't support that helter skelter reasoning concerning who is fit to own Everton FC. ...and The Esk is not alone in having collapsed their objections over the importance of our particular identity, sadly that goes for many others like him.

Yes you’ve got that straight, except the billionaires are being introduced to Everton and they will take over and run the business.

You find it very easy to believe the background of the two chaps, I don’t know where they live or what businesses they run but gangsters live in huge mansions and so did Phillip Green who also had a huge yacht, it’s not where you live but how you live.
So who are the billionaires then? As far as i can tell, you're putting your trust in two supposed billionaires whose identities are unknown and the only link to them are two relative nobodies.

By all means, have your reservations over the motives of the Friedkin Group but there is no denying their credentials and their access to funding.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Vici Private Finance isn't a couple of jokers trying to buy the club with a fake bank statement.

Am I missing something? Of those who've tried to buy the club, arnt the Friedkin group the only ones who have experience if taking over a big club in financial difficulty and stabilising them?

As mentioned, some of these other bidders have either very little to no experience in running any football club at all. How could they possibly be preferable to the Friedkin group?

I honestly don't care what their motives are, they arnt buying into Everton to lose money. They will want to build the club up to be as successful as possible, and I'm all for it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back