Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 766 71.7%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters
I've posted an approximate timeline of statements and stadium cost values, mate.

That confirms those that deny it's costed ">£800 million" aren't looking at official documents like the Premier League Appeal Board decision that confirms it.

When confronted with the inconvenient facts, people like yourself are responding "stop saying this" 🤷‍♂️ without anything to back up a counter argument. Because you don't want to acknowledge the reality.

It's relevant to Friedkin as they've had to pay out themselves about £260 million to get this stadium finished.

When people have challenged the costs, the club has come out and actively denied and obfuscated

Whilst to the Premier League Appeal Board they admitted it!

View attachment 276724

You do repeat it a lot mate, though I'm 100% backing you (not the amount of posts, but what your saying). Me and @Neiler have brought this up many times, sewerage occasions when Chong was saying all payments are sound, only for more money needed from 777 and then the Friedkin group.

Now, these payments we've needed might actually be what Chong was accounting for (from 777) and now the Friedkin group have had to take over.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's been misinterpreted, but I very much doubt it.

To be clear, I agree with you and I believe he's misled the fanbase on at least 3 occasions saying funding was sorted, only for us to require more borrowing because it wasn't in place at all.

I've posted an approximate timeline of statements and stadium cost values, mate.

That confirms those that deny it's costed ">£800 million" aren't looking at official documents like the Premier League Appeal Board decision that confirms it.

When confronted with the inconvenient facts, people like yourself are responding "stop saying this" 🤷‍♂️ without anything to back up a counter argument. Because you don't want to acknowledge the reality.

It's relevant to Friedkin as they've had to pay out themselves about £260 million to get this stadium finished.

When people have challenged the costs, the club has come out and actively denied and obfuscated

Whilst to the Premier League Appeal Board they admitted it!

View attachment 276724

As little as I want to get involved in this, they did admit that at one point Moshiri was right that the entire project was north of 760 million, but the actual cost of construction did not change (money to Laing O'Rourke)

Club sources claim that the figure Moshiri quoted is inclusive of every facet of the stadium, from design and planning to construction and even including the potential for further ancillary developments related to the stadium, which began its process after Moshiri took over in 2016, it being seen as vital in order for Everton to compete in the future and not get left behind commercially.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back