The Great Everton Fire Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Onana will 100% go. It looks like we are trying to get Ndidi on a free to replace him

I think Gomes and Dele will be released, which reduces the wage bill by about £200k a week (£10m a season)

I think we will sign Brownhill on a free from Burnley and Barkley on a free from Luton. Not direct replacements for Gomes and Dele, but play in the same position

I think we will resign, Coleman, Young and Lonergan on 1 year deals

I could see us signing Jack Harrison, if we can do a deal with Leeds, but it might be tricky

Danjuma has barely played, I think he will go back and we will loan a different player for the RW next season

If Branthwaite is sold we will look at a CB, maybe Greaves from the championship. There was a deal reported where Man Utd offer cash plus McGuire, just not sure how we would pay his wages

I think Onana will 100% go. It looks like we are trying to get Ndidi on a free to replace him

I think Gomes and Dele will be released, which reduces the wage bill by about £200k a week (£10m a season)

I think we will sign Brownhill on a free from Burnley and Barkley on a free from Luton. Not direct replacements for Gomes and Dele, but play in the same position

I think we will resign, Coleman, Young and Lonergan on 1 year deals

I could see us signing Jack Harrison, if we can do a deal with Leeds, but it might be tricky

Danjuma has barely played, I think he will go back and we will loan a different player for the RW next season

If Branthwaite is sold we will look at a CB, maybe Greaves from the championship. There was a deal reported where Man Utd offer cash plus McGuire, just not sure how we would pay his wages
I think you’ve e pretty much mapped out our entire summer in all honesty.

I’d probably add they’ll try to shift Maupay and Holgate. Got a feeling he’ll keep Keane for cover

And if a decent enough bid come in for Dom and Pickford I think the club would consider both

This could be horrible

No is saying Mykolenko. His contract runs out in June 26, so if we can't afford to offer a new contract in the next year we may as well sell when we have the leverage.

Question is will someone offer £25-30m for him

Whilst our position is pretty desperate there are a couple of things that might help our case going forward.
The combined PSR losses for COVID should be dropping out of the calculation or we should be making a massive claim for mitigation if we breach again.
We have no managerial pay-offs in 23-24 which has cost us close to £20m in previous 2 years…these are half of the breaches total.
A number of high salary contracts are coming to an end which means we might get away with just one “big” sale if we can offload some of the other deadwood as well. If Dyche can keep as much of the spine of that team and got a new RB and CM I would trust him to be able to fashion a team to just about stay up.
This does not take into consideration the club’s inability to manage the situation but one would hope that they learned something from the last 2 seasons and the PSR breaches.

Then again,it’s the hope that kills ya!!
PSR is only part of the equation. We're borrowing stacks of money just to pay the bills.

I think we'll get fees for:

Onana
Maupay
Keane
Godfrey

I think the following won't be retained:

Alli
Gomes
Young
Lonergan (lol)
Danjuma (end of loan)

I think these guys will be retained:

Gueye
Coleman
Harrison (loan again IF Leeds don't come up)

I think we'll keep Branthwaite another year or two, we'll get so much more for him. I suspect from the above we'll get 60-70 mil. Probably half of that goes to PSR.

So that means we will have ~30 mil to sign:

Centre back
Left back
Centre mid
Winger

From that I think we only make one actual signing for a fee, with the rest being frees and loans.

Huge summer ahead.

June 30th mate, that’s the date player still need to be sold by
Euros starts 14th June to 14th July, so if a players is going to the euros are they going to want to move? Also prices generally go up when euros or World Cup is on so clubs may not be as busy during that time.

Anyone with 12 months left on a contract should be made available for sale (at the right price) so no one with value goes on a free transfer.

Any high earners out of contract should be released.

One of Onana and Branthwaite should be sold to bring in funds.

We then need to look at loans, free agents, the championship, and lesser european leagues for talent to fill out the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back