The Handball

Dermy on ref watch will be using the normal buzzwords (excuses)

Not handball according to him and praises Oliver and VAR for a job well done. Then when Warnock questions him and says why was Bournemouths goal chalked off then last week as its exactly the same, he says "different referree isn't it interpreting the rules differently".

That Sue Smith is as weak as piss as well, she must have 6000 splinters stuck up her arse as I've never seen anyone sit on the fence and just tow the party line as much as her "wasn't a pen for me"..."I really like Klopp" blah blah blah

Not really bothered about this one but handball generally needs clearing up. Different decisions every time - the Onana one v City happens every other week and some are given and some aren’t.
Anytime that the ball strikes an arm (and lets forget about below/above the sleeve line) should be handball, even if accidental. The rule would be the same for everyone and it would help end the suspicions of favourtism. The only exception should be when, in the ref's opinion, an oppsotion player deliberately directed the ball on to a players arm. In this case it wouldn't be handball and the attemped cheat should result in an automatic yellow card (and ref's should be sanctioned when they tried to bottle out of giving it)

Not handball according to him and praises Oliver and VAR for a job well done. Then when Warnock questions him and says why was Bournemouths goal chalked off then last week as its exactly the same, he says "different referree isn't it interpreting the rules differently".

That Sue Smith is as weak as piss as well, she must have 6000 splinters stuck up her arse as I've never seen anyone sit on the fence and just tow the party line as much as her "wasn't a pen for me"..."I really like Klopp" blah blah blah
Yeah seen that, it was pathetic.

Anytime that the ball strikes an arm (and lets forget about below/above the sleeve line) should be handball, even if accidental. The rule would be the same for everyone and it would help end the suspicions of favourtism. The only exception should be when, in the ref's opinion, an oppsotion player deliberately directed the ball on to a players arm. In this case it wouldn't be handball and the attemped cheat should result in an automatic yellow card (and ref's should be sanctioned when they tried to bottle out of giving it)
That would be totally unworkable, and clearly not something you'd want.

It's maddening.

The number of pundits (face it, it's not only Shearer) who are completely unaware of the rules that apply is mind-bending.

A pundit should have to pass a referees exam to get a seasonal contract. They can't keep chatting crap with no comeback.
He likes a few pints, he's passed it already.

The rules aren't fit for purpose then if they can be interpreted differently are they. The are all in it together, Gallagher toeing the party line on TV and Webb with the PGMOL sticking up for his old pals.

The standard of refereeing is at an all time low and with the technology at their disposal and every possible camera angle available there is no excuse for it.

The rules aren't fit for purpose then if they can be interpreted differently are they. The are all in it together, Gallagher toeing the party line on TV and Webb with the PGMOL sticking up for his old pals.

The standard of refereeing is at an all time low and with the technology at their disposal and every possible camera angle available there is no excuse for it.

100% they're all in on it, they'll all be getting leaned on when it comes to what to say. Dermot basically saying Jesus thought he was going to get kicked so had no choice but to turn his body (no mention of leaning into the ball) to protect himself.

Absolute gang of charlatans.

I don't think it works like that. In Warnock's mind the Bournemouth and Arsenal decisions were the same, whether it's given as a handball or not it should be the same decision for both, that's the consistency we're looking for. That, I'm afraid, doesn't make any sense.

The Semenyo incident wasn't a handball, it's just bounced up and hit his arm. The VAR got it wrong. Jesus's was a handball, because he moved his arm towards the ball in controlling it. The ref got it wrong this time, twice. Every incident has to be judged on its own merits though.

I hope the realisation that the Semenyo decision was wrong hasn't affected Oliver's decision here, but it is definitely a trend with these refs.

We should be demanding that the audio is released for the decision and also demanding that Oliver explain his decision.

If VAR officials state that it has hit his arm and this is the reason Oliver is asked to go look at the screen, Oliver does not have a leg to stand on and should be punished as such.

But no, he will then go on to have a vital VAR role in the FA Cup Final.

It's a joke.

I don't think it works like that. In Warnock's mind the Bournemouth and Arsenal decisions were the same, whether it's given as a handball or not it should be the same decision for both, that's the consistency we're looking for. That, I'm afraid, doesn't make any sense.

The Semenyo incident wasn't a handball, it's just bounced up and hit his arm. The VAR got it wrong. Jesus's was a handball, because he moved his arm towards the ball in controlling it. The ref got it wrong this time, twice. Every incident has to be judged on its own merits though.

I hope the realisation that the Semenyo decision was wrong hasn't affected Oliver's decision here, but it is definitely a trend with these refs.
He wouldn't have taken that into consideration he just wants to give it the billy big time and overrule the VAR decision and shaft us in the process for good measure.

I mean it's not hard to differentiate between someone who gets the ball blasted at them from 2 yards away and someone who uses his arm to lean in and control the ball is it.