The last three seasons……

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Truly and over the whole period,barring our clubs tenure in the old second division must be totally the very worst chapter in our clubs storied history,it’s difficult to put into context when you put following a football team against what people are going through in their lives on a daily basis,it doesn’t and shouldn’t really matter when you think about it that way,but it should be a somewhat uplifting experience,the occasional high,yes the defeats but the good times we cling to,something to look forward to and enjoy,not endure,don’t know about the rest of you but the “worries”we have had on a pretty daily basis left me pretty much “”Everton drained”,just thinking back to the Palace 3-2 game,the Bournemouth 1-0,then last season the incessant points/appeals/non appeals had me anyway “running on empty”as an Evertonian,the one and redeeming “positive “ in this wholly dark,dark chamber of doom is the truly remarkable fact coming through this torture we have somehow and I don’t quite know how managed to retain our status,let’s hope and pray for some green shoots of recovery,there were signs last season,tempered by the farcical PL sanctions,I’m hoping all of us see a pathway and a brighter future for our club in the important upcoming weeks,up the Toffs and as Austin Powers said,”can I have my mojo back?”pleasssseee😉😂😂😂

Last edited:
Truly and over the whole period,barring our clubs tenure in the old second division must be totally the very worst chapter in our clubs storied history,it’s difficult to put into context when you put following a football team against what people are going through in their lives on a daily basis,it doesn’t and shouldn’t really matter when you think about it that way,but it should be a somewhat uplifting experience,the occasional high,yes the defeats but the good times we cling to,something to look forward to and enjoy,not endure,don’t know about the rest of you but the “worries”we have had on a pretty daily basis left me pretty much “”Everton drained”,just thinking back to the Palace 3-2 game,the Bournemouth 1-0,then last season the incessant points/appeals/non appeals had me anyway “running on empty”as an Evertonian,the one and redeeming “positive “ in this wholly dark,dark chamber of doom is the truly remarkable fact the coming through this torture we have somehow and I don’t quite know how managed to retain our status,let’s hope and pray for some green shoots of recovery,there were signs last season,tempered by the farcical PL sanctions,I’m hoping all of us see a pathway and a brighter future for our club in the important upcoming weeks,up the Toffs and as Austin Powers said,”can I have my mojo back?”pleasssseee😉😂😂😂
Walter Smith?

I think we have been fortunate to keep our top league status at times and I know some will disagree with this, I don’t see it as something to brag about either. Hearing the likes of Tony Bellew on national media lauding us about staying up was disheartening to me, it felt like “is this what Everton is, is this the mindset I should of been more aware of”.

Rightly or wrongly I won’t forget what they did or the people having digs at those who wanted to change and supported Kenwright etc . They know who they are.

The club itself rehearses these speech’s with new signings about us being a big club and it doesn’t hold weight to what the mindset and culture has been at all.

If anything the past few years should be used as a positive to not go down that path again, to use as a guide to be better and actually start acting like a big club instead of talking about being one.

The new stadium is a boss place to start.

….we’ve survived so far and if things are truly cyclical, it surely must be close to it being our turn.
I think the money involved these days coupled with the financial restrictions mean that the cycles have changed. I think that only 5 clubs have a realistic hope of winning a title in the next 20 years or more.

The rest are hoping for a one off place in the champions league or a cup and even the domestic cups will be sown up by the big 5 most years.

I think the money involved these days coupled with the financial restrictions mean that the cycles have changed. I think that only 5 clubs have a realistic hope of winning a title in the next 20 years or more.

The rest are hoping for a one off place in the champions league or a cup and even the domestic cups will be sown up by the big 5 most years.
Almost definitely very true. Just as this fan base is thinking "it'll be our time soon" the Newcastle fans will be saying the same thing, as will the Villa fans, and the Spurs fans, and the United fans, the Chelsea fans, Arsenal, Brighton, West Ham etc etc etc.

Every now and then someone outside the "big boys" might achieve something unexpected, but it wont be the norm, no matter how many times the 9269823686 talking heads on TV try to call it proof of "the best league in the world".

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back