The Lescott Poll

Sell Lescott, Play Lescott or Ruin Lescott

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Player Valuation: £150m
Given the recent events regarding Lescott handing in his transfer request, I would like to see what the swing is now.

Basically, a simple choice.

Sell Lescott now for say £20m. Im sure we could get that from City, just a simple straight cash deal.

Or keep him and hope that he plays and plays well. Look at things again in January.

Or keep him and throw him in the reserves untill his contract has expired.

Last edited:
£20million - Cya later Judas.

£10million - Cya later Judas.

This will only end happily (for me) in one way.

He wants off..so let him go city want him make them pay lots for him,no point keeping an unhappy player.

Nice to see foootballers loyalty is still as fickle as it ever was though.

Sell him, if we keep him by saturday he's gonna get slated which will just make moyes want to sell him anyway, then..... the next game against city we slate him again, so I think we should keep him till after Saturdays match the sell him. Then we can have a go at him twice whilst making £25mill :D:D

Sell him.
£22M latest suggested bid - no less, as TX Bill says we hold the cards and should milk every penny from the billionaires.

Despite my sig , which I'll remove soon :

I'm still inclined to back Moyes and say keep him .
It is a statement of intent , and it shows once and for all that we mean business where transfers are concerned . If it doesn't work out , worry about it in the next window and stick him in the reserves untill he gets his head straight .

We have to be a little more forgiving I think .
Lescott is still a bit of a kid , and easily influenced . Moyes and the rest of the squad need to support him and get him through it in one piece .

I don't see any signings on the horizon in this window , and having money won't really help matters if players don't wan to come .

its a tough one.

id say he has burnt all bridges and that selling him is the only option.
the sensible side of me says the money will be handy becouse of our financial problems.

but the nasty side of me says " no i dont want him or city to get there way" .
he has potentially wrecked our plans for the season 3 days before it starts (time will tell) , id want to let him know what it feels like and wreck his england ambitions by putting him in the reserves to rot.

I seem to recall someone high up assuring us Rooney would never be sold:D

He wants to go now and hey thats fine to me the most important thing was that he asked for the transfer and not us offloading him

I seem to recall someone high up assuring us Rooney would never be sold:D

He wants to go now and hey thats fine to me the most important thing was that he asked for the transfer and not us offloading him

This is from Moyes though.

Bill stepped in over the Rooney transfer, if he does it again Moyes say's he's off. Moyes has been stupidly stubborn about this all, he should sell him...and I think he knows that to be honest.

This is from Moyes though.

Bill stepped in over the Rooney transfer, if he does it again Moyes say's he's off. Moyes has been stupidly stubborn about this all, he should sell him...and I think he knows that to be honest.
Oh i a gree mate but lets be fair i'm sure DM didnt want this to happen..but we've all seen this one coming all summer its a matter of time before he goes or the less likely option is he signs a big fat new contract.

I think the timing of this request is pretty crappy either way maybe we should have rushed the issue a bit more earlier on in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.