The Master Reset Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Player Valuation: £5m
So only 3 games in and 2 fantastic performances and one not so good one.

However for me, the absolute key thing over the three games is that pretty much every single player has shown ability, passion and desire and a reason why we brought them to the club in the first place at some point over 270 minutes. Shame about the last hour vs Newcastle...

It is completely clear that the problem has been player mentality for some time now, not ability.

With that in mind and given the ability players like Iwobi, Kenny, Gomes and Keane have now shown in at least one of those games, should we as a fanbase completely wipe the slate clean for anything we have witnessed prior to the Lampard regime? Like us all taking the men in black memory eraser at once.....

Then come the end of the season, we'll see who the real Everton players actually are...

I for one am happy to do this Who is with me? (Or do the scars run too deep for some?!)

Ancelotti, Benitez and even Ferguson had encouraging starts to their tenures that had people buzzing in a similar fashion and talking about corners turned.

I’m made up after the two wins but let’s not pretend our performance in the loss - to a dreadful team - wasn’t abysmal.

I know it’s easier said than done in this day and age of firmly binary opinions on players/managers/teams, but let’s just wait and see, eh?

Away at Southampton is a very good test of where we are in these early days of the new regime.

With that in mind and given the ability players like Iwobi, Kenny, Gomes and Keane have now shown in at least one of those games,
I'm going to respectfully have to feel that the sooner these players, amongst others, are out of our club, the Manager may have a future here. If he is depending on any these players after this season, then he'll go the way of most of his predecessors the last six years.

I wouldnt trust the majority of our players as far as i could throw them

Apart from dcl, richy and gordon (and seamus as sub rb) i wouldnt really care much if the rest left in the summer

Not saying all the rest are the same level of crap, just that i wouldnt really care if they were gone (gray and townsend ive barely seen play for us)

Today was great. Last Saturday was great. But theyve done this before and disappointed

This being Everton a Master Reset button for me would probably mean a whole new squad to start annoying, frustating and infuriating me in their own way.

So only 3 games in and 2 fantastic performances and one not so good one.

However for me, the absolute key thing over the three games is that pretty much every single player has shown ability, passion and desire and a reason why we brought them to the club in the first place at some point over 270 minutes. Shame about the last hour vs Newcastle...

It is completely clear that the problem has been player mentality for some time now, not ability.

With that in mind and given the ability players like Iwobi, Kenny, Gomes and Keane have now shown in at least one of those games, should we as a fanbase completely wipe the slate clean for anything we have witnessed prior to the Lampard regime? Like us all taking the men in black memory eraser at once.....

Then come the end of the season, we'll see who the real Everton players actually are...

I for one am happy to do this Who is with me? (Or do the scars run too deep for some?!)
I'd love for this to be true.

I can see Kenny coming good as a decent if not top of the tree right back who'd be a strong squad member. I can see Keane being a reasonable centre back if he's managed right in a solid organised defence.

Gomes I think is just not quick enough to allow for his strengths to shine through however.

Iwobi for me is the joker in the pack. If someone flicked the right switch he could br a world beater- but he could be the Iwobi that all frustrates the hell out of us.

If Lampard wants them, then they get another chance. If they perform we will support them no doubt. If Lampard wants replacements, then good luck to them but I dare say Lampard is a better judge of footballing ability and players than me.

I'm hearing and completely understanding the reluctance. I just can't help but think that these players do have something in them.

It would be interesting the see what we thought of each player if we had never seen them play for Everton before the Brentford game...

Who would our best 3 players be solely on those 3 games?

Allan, Gordon, Richarlison??

Gomes and Iwobi have probably been MoM in 2 of those games though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.