The Neville Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalewoodB

Player Valuation: £1m
I think Moyes has made a grave error here. He has led himself into a dark alley and blocked himself into a corner. With Tony Hibbert playing a lot better and getting back to his old self, it now leaves the problem of where to play the captain which Moyes will always do.
When were back to full strength, there is simply no place in the midfield for him and with Hibbo playing a lot better there shouldnt be a place at right back for him but thats where he will play leaving us with a problem of a permanent weak link in the side

Hello mate

I still think Moyes will Drop Hibbo and play Neville at right back when the "first choice" midfield is fit. Perhaps not when the opposition send everything through their left wing like Petrov at city.

Hello mate

I still think Moyes will Drop Hibbo and play Neville at right back when the "first choice" midfield is fit. Perhaps not when the opposition send everything through their left wing like Petrov at city.

Thats my point mate, he will drop hibbo but is it right?

Yeah in general Neville does better in games where the right back needs to push up and link with the wingers. He isnt perfect but he does OK more often than not. Its definitely his best position.

Hibo does best in games when he has to push the main opposition threat out the game (Petrov, etc) with attacking as a "nice-to-have" - and obviously as cover for Neville when he moves into midfield (which I dont like)

I like Hibbo and he's tried to get forward more but he isnt comfortable doing it.

Which Tony Hibbert is this??

Am i the only 1 who thinks he is still [Poor language removed] and that Phil is by far a better right back.

Well we are at full strength Hibbert will get dropped for Neville and then we can play with are midfield depending on what the weather is like lol

I think so. Arteta dovetails well with Neville, he doesn't with Hibbert. A few times in yesterdays match Arteta had the option of playing Hibbert in on an overlap and chose not to. I don't think he has much confidence in him in attack. Hopefully Gosling will prove to be a fine acquisition and make the debate moot next season anyway.

I think so. Arteta dovetails well with Neville, he doesn't with Hibbert. A few times in yesterdays match Arteta had the option of playing Hibbert in on an overlap and chose not to. I don't think he has much confidence in him in attack. Hopefully Gosling will prove to be a fine acquisition and make the debate moot next season anyway.

Gosling will probably be never seen in the 1st team. I think its a pointless signing anyway as Moyes will NOT drop Neville

What was the script with not playin Manny yesterday?

Is he goin to be the secret weapon for wednesday?

I think Moyes wanted to give ossie a game. The pitch would not have been suitable for manny's game and it probably would have just frustrated him

You need cover in all positions and Moyes tends to do this with a number of versatile players he has, with the possibility of 60 games a season with decent cup runs, injuries and suspensions its imperative we have cover. All the players will get a game, albeit in different competitions etc but players are beginning to understand they arent going to play every game if you are in a top 6 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back