Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Matthew Pennington

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Chris Long

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, it seems the ones closest to the first team are in positions we're already well covered for. To be honest though I can't see any of them cementing a place in the first team, or coming close to it like Barkley and Stones have. Many of them would probably benefit from another year out on loan. If we choose to hang on to them they'll get limited exposure in the Carling and Europa cups. Probably not ideal for their development.

just a guess but i reckon the youngest lads, ledson and kenny could play the most minutes of any of the names mentioned on this thread. be interesting to see how they're used in pre-season.

Not saying they will or will not make it, but from various sources (posts here, press, twitter, ect..) the following youngsters on our books are described as youngsters with potential to play for the first team one day:

- Ryan Ledson
- Tyias Browning
- Luke Garbutt
- Jonjoe Kenny
- Kieran Dowell
- George Green
- Shane Duffy
- Matthew Kennedy
- John Lundstram
- Harry Charsley
- Conor Grant
- Courtney Duffus
- Chris Long
- Conor McAleny
- Tyrone Duffus
- Hallam Hope
- Callum Connolly
- Ben McLaughlin
- Matthew Pennington

Just watched a repeat of england u20s and tyias is defo a centre back. Playing at full back but playing like a centre back. I wouldn't even try him at right back for us as it may affect his confidence. Seems abit he has made the step up from bieng the best player in everton under 21s and has gone to play with better players and has gone in his shell abit. Maybe the same happened at wigan

Very disappointed at the lack of potent lemon haze shouts in a topic with such a title.

If martinez dose as he has suggested and brings 2-3 youngsters through the ranks every season it's going to be very exciting to see who gets brought through this year.

Fella who i know is a u12 scout for everton an hes always at finch farm an the player they always rave about is Kieran Dowell, Said everyon thinks ledson will 100% make it as a top player

Fella who i know is a u12 scout for everton an hes always at finch farm an the player they always rave about is Kieran Dowell, Said everyon thinks ledson will 100% make it as a top player
Another already making a huge impression is 15-year-old Kieran Dowell. Local boy, Dowell is primarily a midfield player and has played regularly a year above his age group for England and currently has 3 international caps at u17 level. A regular in and around the Everton u18 team, Dowell is yet to make his competitive debut for the u21 team although many are expecting him to get a taste of the action towards the end of the campaign. As he is still at school Everton are reluctant to release much information about his progress, but those who have seen him in action at Finch Farm or for England are excited by his immense potential.

Reactions: EY.
Wow when you think about midfield we could potentialy have:

Barkley
Ledson
George Green
Dowell

all coming from the academy, a season at a time, makes so much sense getting Barry in this case doesnt it and blooding these lads if there up to it.

Yeah I'd never heard of Dowell before that tweet by Cahill, only 15 but sounds really promising. This Finch Farm production line is getting more & more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back