The Optimistic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hudd101

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Ok, we were really poor tonight and dropped 3 big points.

But...

It's more than likely Arsenal will drop points this season. Hull and Norwich away games are tough and I feel Wenger's priority will be to finally win a trophy. Also, as shown last Sunday, they're not all that.

Therefore, we'd have to win all our remaining games (or possibly draw one if Arsenal were to lose one [we have superior goal difference]). This is certainly possible considering we have just won 7 in a row.

Every remaining game is difficult but if we play well (and possibly scrape lucky win somewhere) 4th is absolutely still ON.

thats what ive been saying.

We dont give up after one bad result in 7 great ones.

We twatted arsenal at Goodison and beat city. We will go into the manc games knowing we CAN win them. We can beat anyone at home.

Lets go out and beat them.

Chatting to a Hull supporter today, they want Arsenal to finish fourth so they are guaranteed Europa league next season. Might not go for it on Sunday and rest a few players.

Ok, we were really poor tonight and dropped 3 big points.

But...

It's more than likely Arsenal will drop points this season. Hull and Norwich away games are tough and I feel Wenger's priority will be to finally win a trophy. Also, as shown last Sunday, they're not all that.

Therefore, we'd have to win all our remaining games (or possibly draw one if Arsenal were to lose one [we have superior goal difference]). This is certainly possible considering we have just won 7 in a row.

Every remaining game is difficult but if we play well (and possibly scrape lucky win somewhere) 4th is absolutely still ON.
I AM 100% WITH YOU ON THIS POST.

If anyone would have said 8 games ago we would be 1 point behind Arsenal I would have laughed at them. Still 4 games left and we are only 1 point behind, all it takes is them to draw a game and then we are right back in it. I know we have harder games than them but who have expected us to get beat by Palace tonight? Anything can happen.

If the tables were reversed and we had 4 'easy' games and our opponents had 4 hard games I'd be concerned that we'd take our foot off the gas.

We tend to need a target to chase and we're not very good at being out in front ourselves.

The FA Cup could go either way for them. They could be lifted at the prospect of silverware and start fighting for a place in the starting line up at Wembley. Or they could start getting ahead of themselves and start thinking that the cup and fourth place are already in the bag.

I guess a lot will depend on their opponents. Hopefully Hull will take confidence from their heroics last weekend and do to Wenger's men what they did to the RS. West Brom are in good goal-scoring form and their pace on the break will hopefully trouble Mertesacker. Newcastle really need to get their season back on track. And, if Norwich lose to Liverpool, United and Chelsea they might already be down and play with freedom. Conversely, if they can get some momentum going and get a result against one or two of the big boys they'll feel that they can cause Arsenal a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.