The Pienaar situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie7

Player Valuation: £6m
could be priced out of signing him.
It looks like levy will want to make a profit, and according to sky sports were not the only club after him. i cant see Moyes paying over 3m to get him back, although 3m for a player of his caibre is pretty cheap to other clubs.

i think he would like to move back, but anything over 3m and we would have to say no, we would look like right mugs if we brought him back for a higher price just 1 year on.

what does everyone think.

LCAB has said it's on, so until i hear otherwise it's on for me.

I also don't think Pienaar would be stupid enough to go to a different club AGAIN. Despite what God might say.

I also don't think Pienaar would be stupid enough to go to a different club AGAIN. Despite what God might say.

He loves it here and we definitely get the best out of him. Also he's 30 odd now isn't he so he'll be wanting to play every game

the price mentioned was 6-7m, meaning our bid of 3m would be rejected.
plus with redknapp likley to leave he might choose to stay to see if he can force his way into the side.
bale or modric might leave this season if the right offer comes in
and didnt he leave for higher wages and european football, we still cant offer him that.

I think he will want to come back, but if other clubs come in for him he will go there, I just cant see levy selling him on the cheap, when pavlychenko went for 8m and only had 12months left, and dos santos)out on loan) and krancjar are still there as they couldnt receive high enough bids for them.

Personally I think pienaar will go to the highest bidder, thats IF he decides to leave, if a new manager comes in he may just give it another season.

Think LCAB said yes, think Foxy said no. I'm not 100% on that, so I'm gonna say right now, maybe.

Would love him back, and at that price we will. He wants to be here, that's 100%.

you mean like modric

Its not so much a player wanting a move as it is a player not wanting a move, then he has way more power.

If Pienaar doesn't want to play for anyone else but us Spurs can either let him rot in the reserves or do business with us.

Its not so much a player wanting a move as it is a player not wanting a move, then he has way more power.

If Pienaar doesn't want to play for anyone else but us Spurs can either let him rot in the reserves or do business with us.

or do business with other teams, didnt chelsea go in for pienaar when spurs wanted him, and the RS have been linked with him.
6m is a reasonable price for what he offers, pienaar likes it here but he may prefer other teams IF he decides to leave.

to say we will definaltey get him is ridiculous, its not even 50/50.when you consider spurs will probably have a new manager, and there will be teams interested in bale and modric.

on top of that will he take a wage cut and (maybe) no european football here next season, the 2 things he left for in the first place.

as i said a lot of things going on at spurs, its no where near definite we will get him

or do business with other teams, didnt chelsea go in for pienaar when spurs wanted him, and the RS have been linked with him.
6m is a reasonable price for what he offers, pienaar likes it here but he may prefer other teams IF he decides to leave.

to say we will definaltey get him is ridiculous, its not even 50/50.when you consider spurs will probably have a new manager, and there will be teams interested in bale and modric.

You're going round in circles. Pienaar wants to come back and has said so himself to people at Finch Farm, LCAB also said he will be an Everton player by the end of the Summer.

I don't understand why you're being so negative. Of course another team could come in for him, but why would they ? £5m for a 30 year old player who hasn't got a lot of pace when they can easily afford to buy much younger and just as skillful players ? It doesn't make sense.

Im just saying a lot of things will happen at spurs in the summer,thats all.
dont presume pienaar will definitely be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back