The 'still alive' thread.

Rising Damp was shaped by the knowing the characters, their motivations and insecurities, it operated on a different level to Fawlty Towers.

Both should be celebrated, but in terms of crafting Rising Damp is superior.
Rising Damp was comedy at its finest. Had the pleasure of meeting Leonard Rossiter at a school presentation back when I were a boy, he was an ex pupil at Liverpool Collegiate and returned for an awards event.
Too young to appreciate the greatness of the man at the time but still knew I was in the presence of someone special. Think @Lao may have been at the event too.

Rising Damp was comedy at its finest. Had the pleasure of meeting Leonard Rossiter at a school presentation back when I were a boy, he was an ex pupil at Liverpool Collegiate and returned for an awards event.
Too young to appreciate the greatness of the man at the time but still knew I was in the presence of someone special. Think @Lao may have been at the event too.
Yes you were in the presence of someone special, I was there!

….one of the great City schools, I lived literally a few hundred yards away. Such a shame many of them don’t exist, my old school John Hamilton was a posh High School when I passed the 11+ in 1969 but it’s also no more now.
I wasn’t far behind you, passed 11+ in 1971. My older brother went to John Hamilton

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back