Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you are correct. It is conduct unbecoming.
Cheers for tolerating my presence, it has been much appreciated. Definitely one of the better forums out there with a lot of very good posters.
Good luck for the rest of the season & with any luck you will smash the RS. Hope you dont do quite as well as us in the Europa, we Yids need at least one thing to get excited about this season!

לְהִתרָאוֹת

You better not be leaving mate

You're a sound lad and I command you stay!

Bwd0Fd7IUAA2kyC.jpg

How sweet is this :D
It would be sweeter if he was rocking an Everton top.

Not one of the other 14 clubs, but Celtic's move for Guidetti is knocked back by FIFA for being minutes past the deadline. Ironic really they're appealing. Rules are rules like!

If he does get there in the end (The SFA are appealing on behalf of Celtic) it'll be interesting to see how he fares.

Perhaps some stability might be the most beneficial thing after so much turmoil the last few years? You still got 6 players in which isn't too shabby.

Who do you see as your first XI and backup on performaces so far?
Selling Sigurdsson was a massive blunder though imo.

Cos they earned it themselves like or some other contrived reason they made up to keep City from spending £100m whilst allowing them to.

City have an oil baron, United have chevrolet, adidas, etc.

Does it make it a level playing field? What's the point of it when teams can find loop holes?

City have an oil baron, United have chevrolet, adidas, etc.

Does it make it a level playing field? What's the point of it when teams can find loop holes?
It does my head in, if they wanted to make it a level playing field they'd institute a wage bill ceiling and a limit to the number of professional players under contract (Chelsea have something silly like 75 players signed to a contract). Anything else is just posturing. They're nothing fair about Financial Fair Play it's just a modern day footballing version of the statute of Labourers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_Labourers_1351) i.e. the aristocracy getting together and making up rules to keep economic forces from weakening their positions.

Do you think West Brom give a tinkers toot about where Utd/Rs/City/Chelsea money comes from? To them each one is just one more rich club they can't compete with.

Selling Sigurdsson was a massive blunder though imo.
Have to confess I don't watch Spurs that closely - under AVB in particular they played some dire stuff, I just couldn't concentrate and all their midfielders seemed to merge together.

Holtby stood out but that was more because I knew of the Everton connection so looked for him & he moved to Fulham and played a decent game against us.

Sigurdsson has looked good on his return to Swansea though.

He couldn't find form at Spurs though. He seems to have found his level at Swansea.

he did find a patch of form - may have been start of last season but then got dropped for the higher profile names. possibly he didn't live up to expectation but he was barely given a crack of the whip tbh - i think he's definitely CL quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back