Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality transfers so far if true. Sign a striker who is not Giroud or from the french league in general and you could well be flying next year.

any solid news on that striker?

well Cavani seems to want to come to England and Arsenal tried to sign him 18 months ago

Quality transfers so far if true. Sign a striker who is not Giroud or from the french league in general and you could well be flying next year.

any solid news on that striker?

I think Sanchez was that striker, Wenger was quoted as saying that he didn't want somebody who was capable of replacing Giroud but somebody who could play with without. Giroud, in my opinion, is unfairly criticized. I rate him highly however for his effectiveness to be maximized he needs players or more specifically runners around him who are able to link up with him. Something which has also hurt Giroud has been the fact that he has had next to nobody to rotate and has to go at it all alone which has at times left him drained and he even spoke about how he had to adapt his game to conserve his energy because of the fact that he was the only striker with the sufficient quality to start for us on a consistent basis.

I think Sanchez was that striker, Wenger was quoted as saying that he didn't want somebody who was capable of replacing Giroud but somebody who could play with without. Giroud, in my opinion, is unfairly criticized. I rate him highly however for his effectiveness to be maximized he needs players or more specifically runners around him who are able to link up with him. Something which has also hurt Giroud has been the fact that he has had next to nobody to rotate and has to go at it all alone which has at times left him drained and he even spoke about how he had to adapt his game to conserve his energy because of the fact that he was the only striker with the sufficient quality to start for us on a consistent basis.

Which would mean that unless Remy is signed,Giroud is still screwed because AW will expect him to partner Sanchez. So no rest for the wicked.

Well he's been after a move for ages for some reason. Not sure why like.

Plenty of time for Bayern to get a good player in too.
I think he's not happy that he gets paid less than Bayern's top earners and Bayern were unwilling to meet his demands. Something like that.

Looks like newcastle are going to sign Daryl Janmaat, very good signing. Another 6 year deal, they love a 6 year contract them lot

Newcastles signings are dodgy though, hence the fact they all come from france on a whole. Agents and all that being involved.

I genuinely believe they are greasing a lot of wheels to sign these players and the true transfer costs are a lot higher than they let on. Just hide the costs in other expenses and get on with it as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back