The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson - thank you but no thank you - talented but with a weight problem waiting to explode - hopefully not in our faces -
Moyes can sell him to some other sucker

No way. Baines was a regular in the Premier League at that age and got a £6m move. Oviedo wouldn't go for more than 2 or 3 now.

I agree. I remember Baines looking a great young player for Wigan in their first season in the PL when he must have only been about 20. Him and Chimbonda (who actually looked decent for a while back then) as attacking fullbacks caused teams all kinds of problems

Anderson - thank you but no thank you - talented but with a weight problem waiting to explode - hopefully not in our faces -
Moyes can sell him to some other sucker
Like this guy.
article-2094831-118A9F06000005DC-128_468x343.jpeg

I think we have to sign players with good calibre. That's my concern.
Why is this a concern? Martinez isn't stupid. He knows he's taking a step up and has a very good scouting team at his disposal. I'm not too worried just yet about who Martinez brings in.

Bit worried that other clubs are doing their business quickly. We may be waiting whether Fellaini stays or goes. But, buying someone on the last hour of deadline day is something I don't agree with. Still plenty of time to go though.

I don't think Anderson has developed into much of anything. Poor passer, weak tackler, inconsistent effort. It's easy to say he's a terrible player since he was so expensive or over-hyped, so I'm trying to avoid that. But at the end of the day, he just isn't a very good footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back