The Sunday Sermon ; Big Joe Royle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleasure to read that LCAB.

That was some feat in dragging a club like Oldham out of the lower leagues to the top flight and the cup exploits he led them to.

I thought you might have had a word about the disgraceful Liverpool Echo's part in the Big Man's downfall at GP. They hounded Joe toward the end and that prick McNulty in particular made it his business to tarnish his standing amongst Evertonians - the ******* rat faced no-mark.

Nice one lcab. So many memories there, Joe was my first blue hero. That period, 68-70, was the time I was just about old enough to understand what it all meant. Cried my eyes out in 68, again at the semi final in 69 when Tommy Booth scrambled a winner for Citeh.

Agree with you about best Evertonians alive, Royle, Harvey and Nev, but I think HK should be there as well. Hard to choose between them for me.

Cheers , Teach' .

See ??? The Dog DIDN'T eat it - though it was piss-poor , so I coulda done with it , tbh .

As ever , however , I thank you , Ian .

I should have put HK in That is vero .

Pleasure to read that LCAB.

That was some feat in dragging a club like Oldham out of the lower leagues to the top flight and the cup exploits he led them to.

I thought you might have had a word about the disgraceful Liverpool Echo's part in the Big Man's downfall at GP. They hounded Joe toward the end and that prick McNulty in particular made it his business to tarnish his standing amongst Evertonians - the ******* rat faced no-mark.

Grazie , Comerada Mia , Dude .

Mate , I started it at 5 o'clock and had Layton ( His bird CAN'T FUKN SPELL !!! ) , me mates 3 year old until 7.15 .

Never mind the fukn Chemo , THIS [Poor language removed] makes me Baldy , Dawg !!!

Nice one Dave,Can I just confirm that there was not any attack on the cat at Blackpool I was there and all that happened was a bit of a demo about him dropping the golden vision as he came out the small crowd pushed forward,Harry was shocked and as he moved back he fell AT NO TIME WAS HE TOUCHED BY ANY FAN.

Nice one Dave,Can I just confirm that there was not any attack on the cat at Blackpool I was there and all that happened was a bit of a demo about him dropping the golden vision as he came out the small crowd pushed forward,Harry was shocked and as he moved back he fell AT NO TIME WAS HE TOUCHED BY ANY FAN.

Amen , kid .

Went to his Grave saying they did , though , mate .

Thank you , btw . Hope Barb is Ok , lid . ;)

Brilliant and painfully accurate.

First of all, thanks, Dave. This must have caused you a lot of painful effort.

Secondly, for the benefit of younger fans, take note of LCAB's sentence about Catterick not liking stars. His treatment of Bally and the Vision was squalid. In those long gone days when we were in the top four; when Scottie was more than a road; when Evertonians believed in the genius of the club, things like dropping The Vision mattered. When he sold Bally, I swore I'd never believe any of the lying ba**ards ever again.

You've brought it all back to life. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.