The Sunday Sermon ; David Moyes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

little curly alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
For the lads in Helmand Province and Afghanistan generally , as well as By Special Request from My Mother / My World ; Barbie .
The ORIGINAL L5CABarbizzzzlllle ,…

May the Good Lord be with you all .

Welcome , all to our little corner of the Sabbath .

Despite , as you will have noted , a , Special Request from that , Moyes Tour De Force , that is My Dear Mother , I had to think long and hard regarding the subject of today’s lesson .
See ??? While not everyone has liked , per se , the relative focuses of these Sermon’s , the subject has NOT actually caused a Kick -Off . Well , given some of the Threads begun on here , and elsewhere during the last few weeks , I did not want the lesson to be lost among the inevitable snarling .

But , know what ??? L.C.A.Barb IS RIGHT !!!
This man IS an Everton Legend , irrespective of blerts booing at 0-0 , half-time , or any number of konbheads , thus , I aim to continue , and hopefully do him justice as regards a half-decent Sermon . This lad , LITERALLY dragged us from the coldest , bleakest outposts of NOWHERESVILLE and took us , IF YOU DO NOT FUKN MIND , to the Top Table of European Football at the expense of the RS with , honest to Jesus , hardly anything at all . Moreover , has enjoyed the most European Football at Goodison since the ‘60’s .
Fair’s fair .

Ladies and Gentlemen , may I introduce , David Moyes .

The Ginger Fella was born on April 25 , 1963 , ( three months and 6 days before myself ) ; in Glasgow , Scotland - I LOOK YOUNGER - Honest !!!
He came from a Footy family . His Father , David Snr , - a Draughtsman , by trade , was Scout at local side , Drumchapel Amateurs - a team of some repute , incidentally , with numerous Scot’s Internationals among their Alma Mater . Via his connections therein , young David , a promising defender was given , and successfully passed , a trial and signed to the club in 1976 . He would play 4 years for Drumchapel , before being signed to a Professional Contract with , despite his heritage - his Cousin Dessie Hughes is Secretary at Coleraine Football Club ; Glasgow Celtic .

Never the greatest as regards ability went ; a Stopper , is I believe , the applicable term , Young David never really made the grade at Park-head , playing only 19 League games , and another 7 sundries - Yo’, McBillabong , Lid … ; before departing on a Free Transfer to Cambridge United , in October 1983 . Though it was , ostensibly , a backward step , pragmatist that he remains to this day , he rolled up his sleeves and made the best of it . He soon won them over , and in 2 years at the Club , played 79 League and 3 Cup Games for the U’s , before securing himself an Upwardly-Mobile move to Ashton Gate , as Bristol City signed Ginger for £10,000 on October 10 , 1985 . He would stay a further 2 seasons , playing 83 games , before , again in March , 1987 , the Robins accepted an offer from Shrewsbury Town of £30,000 . On the face of it , another retrograde decision , however , I understand that The Moyessiah played the best football of his English Career , at Moss Rose . He remained at the Spires for 3 years playing 91 League and 25 Cup games .

From there , he went back , “ Up the Road ,..” , to Dunfermline Athletic in August 1990-93 , playing 105 games for them . From there onto Hamilton Academicals , but was only really passing through , starting only 5 games in all . Hence , he was lured back South of the Border , to Deepdale ,Preston North End .
He would play 143 games for North End , scoring 14 goals , and was registered as a player from 1993-99 .
His last playing role in a career spanning 19 years and with 535 games and 46 goals for 7 different clubs .

He was ALWAYS going into Coaching , taking his first Badges at the tender age of 22 , and in the unfashionable time of the Mid - ‘80’s . Indeed , it was at Deepdale that he began to take on certain administrative duties . Gary Peters , then PNE Manager , made Davie an official member of the Coaching set-up , prior to him hanging up his boots , and with the departure of Peters , and at the age of 34 , the Directors turned to the Ginger one . Thus , he was on the Managerial Ladder at a relatively young age . He managed to stave off the immediate Spectre of relegation , and with the backing of the Club’s Heirachy , tinkered with the playing style incrementally , but over the longer term managed to change a long-ball team into a relatively , free-flowing outfit . Nevertheless , in his first full campaign , reached the Play-Offs , losing to Gillingham . From there , it was the , up-and-up . Preston would reach the First Division - ( Championship ) , in 2000 , Promoted as Champions , and to a level they had not reached in almost 20 years , and the following season missed out on the Premiership after a 3-0 defeat versus Bolton Wanderers ; as the Crimson - Coiffeured - Fella tasted genuine success for the first time . The same season , 1999-2000 , Preston were drawn against Everton at Goodison Park . They were unluckily defeated 2-0 with two late goals . Anyone present could not have failed to be impressed by both the performance of the side , and also it’s Ethos , via the Manager .His name also began to be bandies around Premier League Board Rooms . One of them being our own . However , he was offered , and turned down Manager’s roles at Manchester City , West Ham United and Southampton . Thus , after staying loyal probably 18 months too long , Kenwrong finally bit-the-bullet , and following a particularly hideous F.A. Cup hiding at Middlesborough relieved Walter Smith of the Manager‘s Chair .

The Everton Board approached David Moyes , apparently also recommended by Smith himself - fair play ; to be his replacement . Ginger took minutes to agree , shake hands , and face the Press .
Ah , facing the Press ….

So , in becoming the youngest Everton Manager , on Sunday 10 March , 2002 , since Howard Kendall Mk 1, young David faced his first media-scrum as Goodison Supremo ; his off-the-cuff response is now the stuff of Goodison Legend ;

“ I come from a City ( Glasgow ) , not unlike Liverpool . I am joining The People‘s Football Club .
The majority of the people you meet on the street are Everton fans ….”

Enough , I believe , said , an’ NOT FUKN BAD for your FIRST DAY’;S WORK .
His first day at Bellefield was met with the usual Captain’s Greeting , but also a , Spit-The-Dummy Spat , as Fat Boy Gascoigne disrespected the Club that tried to pull him from the gutter , AND FANS THAT NEVER CALLED THE PAPERS , BUT RATHER FIRED HIM INTO A TAXI WHEN HE FELL OUT OF VARIOUS LOCAL HOSTELERIES .
Moyes merely said , “ Tara …“

On the Saturday , came his Goodison debut . Our opponents were Fulham - our erstwhile enemies , and apart from the RS , our Primary Sending Off Opponents of recent years , AND containing one , “ King “ Ahem , Louis Saha . As we all know , Moylesey would exhibit his general skill for getting out of jail , as we scored within 42 seconds , Undies , at the Park End , going on to win 2-1 . Nevertheless , our new boss was greeted as vociferously at the end of the game as he was pre-match . It was positive . The squad , however , was NOT the best . Ageing also-rans , with the odd decent player , Weir , Campbell , Ferguson , when fit , etc . He saw something to work with ,…
LITTLE DID HE FUKN KNOW ..!!!
The following week , we all trekked off to Derby and , in a bizarre game , we somehow won 4-3 and Ginger REALLY WAS off and running . The week after , however , we were brought back down to earth with a bump with our perennial hiding at the Barcodes , this time replete with Shearer’s Wonder-Goal ,..
Oh , FUK ,… We went on to beat Blackburn at home and Southampton away , and despite a last day defeat at Arsenal , 3-4 , we were safe . So , mission accomplished , and the summer was for the Squad ….

The scorers in the first few games of Moyes’ tenure spoke volumes as regards the squad . Among the Ferguson’s and Unsworth’s , there was Radszinski , Alexanderson , and Chadwick , whom , with the greatest of respect to all - and they were not alone ; they were not of sufficient standard for Everton’ First Team , thank you VERY FUKN MUCH !!! Our new Manager recognised this , and incrementally , and with little financial assistance , given the league we play in , Gascoigne , Blomqvist , , others too , all inherited , all WEST.

One significant thing from the previous campaign , just before the end of the season , The Old Lady played host to some 20,000 for the F.A. Cup Youth Cup Semi Final , First Leg . The reason we were all there ???
2 words ; Wayne Rooney . Now , the shy , reluctant type that I am , you did not have to be L.C.A.B. to know ALL about this kid . All you had to do was live within 50 miles of Merseyside . Anyway , the boy more than lived up to his Rep’. What’s more , he was all but a man , physically , thus Mrs . Moyes having raised no fools , got the kid in with the First Team Proper as the new season began , He brilliantly told the Big Man to Mentor him . Genius , btw . His Hero . Q.E.D.

So , with Asbo up his Poker-Playing sleeve , he went out and , first , bought a much needed goalkeeper , and chose England Under 21 Keeper , Richard Wright from Arsenal for £2m . He then purchased , to EVERYONE’S surprise , Li Tie and Li Weifong , the first two players from the People’s Republic of China to play in English Football , also the Brazilian , ( Juliano ) Rodrigo .
As for the season itself , our first 2 home games were draws , two away defeats at City and Birmingham , a win over Middlesborough then another against Fulham , and it was off to Wrexham in the League Cup ,…
Anyone lucky enough to be there that night , as me and my good mucka , C , were , saw one of those , once--in-a-fukn-long-time nights as Wonder Boy ran the Journeymen ragged . The THING , was OUR PLAYERS MOUTHS HANGING OPEN . I swear that every Evertonian left the ground dreaming of the European Cup . The OTHER thing , was the return of optimism . Hope . Pure unadulterated Everton-Hope .
If you could bottle it ,it’d be the next Crack Cocaine .
Our perennial Old Trafford hiding , then it was back to Goodison for the home debut of young Asbo against Seaman and Arsenal .
Again , I don’t have meself , yous know that , but there’s a photo , printed in the Evertonian over-and-over whilst he played for us . It shows a section of the Park End , JUST as the ball is about to hit the back of the net . There , just off centre , is one , L5CABizzzzzlllle . Arms raised , Mouth open in an , “ O “ - what I actually said was , “ What a fukn gOal …!!! “
Oracle , see ???
A week later he scored the Winner at Leeds - which we DID NOT DO OFTEN …
Anyway , and back to the hope thing , we needed to pinch ourselves that not 12 fukn months ago we were subject to the torture that were the last days of Walter - Eh , DK ???; …TO THIS !!!

Still , we had Gemmill and Watson , Pistone . At Christmas , he secured the signature of Joseph Yobo from Marseilles , initially - typically Ginger , on a year-long loan . Also , archetypal Moyles , Brian McBride , his First raid into the burgeoning U.S. Market . Despite too many draws second half of the campaign , we went on , MIRACULOUSLY , let’s have it right , to finish 7th , missing out on Europe only at The Death , as , Why The Long Face ??? … Nistelrooy killed us . With what he had to work with , it was certainly noteworthy . EVERYONE thought so . So much so , that he was awarded the League Manager’s Association , Manager of the Year . Again , the first since Kendall to win such an award whilst Everton Manager .
Impressive , tbh ,..

2003/4 thus began with the greatest feeling of general optimism seen at Everton since Joe Royle’s 1995/96 . Out went Gemmill , Pembers , though , Watson , Pistone remained . He DID however , have plans for the work-a-day , Lee Carsley that NO-ONE could’ve foreseen . Through the , “ In “ Door came , Nyarko , McFadden , Stubbs , and , Thank the Good Lord , Nigel Martyn on a FREE TRANSFER from Leeds United . Wing-Nut Jeffers , sorry for his previous transgressions also returned on loan . Another point of note ; this summer also saw the first instalment of Davie’s , I WANT SEAN DAVIS , bid , via the media , Part 1 . Unsuccessful , as we know , but no less vehement for that .
Thus , All Systems Go , one would think . However , US being US , and Moyles in truth , suffering the first of a short series of Rollercoaster - up one year , down the next , campaigns ., we started well enough with the optimism over-spill leaking well into September , as both Fulham , and Leeds , via a Steve Watson Hat-Trick - Yes , I DID just write those words ; were easily despatched . The Autumn though , was not kind to us . Again , draws , but also defeats at Chelsea , Spurs and Bolton , saw us drop from contention . A brilliantly spirited 2-3 defeat at Old Trafford though - Rooney’s tackle on Ronaldo anyone ??? ; gave a glimpse of what the future COULD be like , but nevertheless , another defeat . We did beat Birmingham at home , Norwich in the Cup , and a creditable draw against The Arse’ , before two League losses against Charlton and Fulham , pre - we all piled into Coaches , paid for by our Kind-Hearted Chairman to attend Loftus Road , QPR and face Fulham in an F. A. Cup 4th round replay . In the event , they were better on the night , as - OXYMORON ALERT , Ner-Ner , Ner-Ner …; Saha was too good for us . Point was ,
the ,..two-steps-back , thing was all too clear . There WERE decent days , even then ; The ; Rooney’s Gonna Get Ya’ , 0-0 , Anfield Derby , the 3-4 Home Man Utd game , 3-0 down at half-time . However losing 6 of the last eight games , cost us dearly as we plummeted down the table , eventually finishing 17th , one place - and , admittedly , 6 points ; clear of ( Relegated ) Leicester City . It WAS NOT what we had been expecting , and some among us had the beginnings of a “ Cob-On “ .
Little did they know ….

Thus , Blues went off on Holiday , or not , we once more sent England’s Centre Forward to a Major Championships , as Wonder Geraphile went off to Portugal for the Euro’s .
The fact I knew he was gonna pull up trees and thus took my next year’s season ticket off’ve Stanley’s ., County Road , gave me no pleasure whatsoever , as Asbo did precisely what the fledgling L.C.A.B. predicted - Quelle Surprise ??? ; and would have taken the Top Tournament Scorer outright should he not have broken a metatarsal . He was interviewed by the World’s media , but at NO TIME , mentioned Everton Football Club , his status as Everton’s Highest Paid Teenage Player of all time , nor , interestingly enough , “ Once a Blue , ALWAYS a Blue …” . Again , Quelle Surprise . Thus , the Oracle of L5 was not amazingly gob-smacked when SERIOUS transfer rumours began to break with the return of the defeated Lions . Just in case anyone had forgotten , Little Mister , “ I uny ever wanted to play for Everton ,.. No , wait there , Man Utd , I mean … “ , WAS ACTUALLY half way to fukn Newcastle - IF , of course , you either had just landed from Mars , OR believed his toe-rag Agent . Moreover , the heirachy of Everton FC , after stating to anyone whom would listen that they would not do PRECISELY that , with not only THE FINEST young player in Europe , Messi was STILL bit-part then , and the Olympics IS NOT the European Championships - and probably the BEST player in the recent competition ; proceeded to take down their trousers and assumed the position as we were subject to the worst case of Public Larceny in Walton that year , as He went to a sniggering Man Utd , for £27 million pounds - in fact , £ 20.7 million pounds - as “ Working “ Grandmother’s all over Merseyside shed a brief tear ; , with add on’s , SHOULD an ageing side manage to win ALL domestic trophies PLUS Big Ears - as it is , they did , but WE WEREN’T TO KNOW THAT AN’ IT SHOULD’VE BEEN THE ICING , NOT THE FUKN CAKE , SOFT ARSE !!!
Anyway ; QUELLE FUKN SURPRISE ; TO ALL OF IT .

Meanwhile , Ginger , having held , The Keys To The Castle , had suddenly lost THE talent in English Football , and had 2 strikers nearing or over 30 , BOTH with injury records , one of which would play only 4 games more for the club . THIS , despite the other changes / improvements he HAD INTENDED to make . Anyway , this was what we had . He raised more than eyebrows in our house , for example , though when signing Journeyman , no-mark , from my perspective , as Marcus Bent came in from Leicester . Hardly a marquee signing , I think we all concurred .
Arsenal came , opening day and gave our annual hiding . No matter , myself and Brother-In-Law , John , trek off to Palace the following week . Glad I did , it was boss . We won 3-1 as Gravesen grabbed 2 , but Bent was the star of the show , as “ Super Kev’ “, played his final game for us . I was arrested on the way home - the last such occasion ; and thus spent the return journey incarcerated on the train . During that time , I heard much laughter and derision , but also , that Everton had just signed Tim Cahill - another whom had won me a NICE few quid over the previous 18 months - delighted . The other one was that we’d made a bid for Carragher and he was UP FOR IT . As things turned out , he regained his place the following week - having been swerved by Pheonix Club all pre-season and first 2 games , and the rest , as they say …. Hmmmm…
I can’t rightly recall why , but Timmy would miss the home win over WBA , I took the kids to see him making his debut at Old Trafford in an excellent showing and our first point there since Speed should’ve won it for us in ‘95 ; then onto the Council House , as once again with
B-Izzzzzzzlllle in attendance - this time with my Brother , Blackburn Dave . Timmy was of course , Timmy and duly scored the only goal , but took off his shirt in celebration and was dismissed . Nonetheless , he was The BOLLOX , that much was clear , and what with Yobo , Martyn , Gravesen , even Bent was turning up - NOT prolific at all , but keen as mustard and would run all day . Maybe this Fella DID know a thing or two about this transfer lark ???
After City , came ‘Boro - won . Went to Pompey ; Timmy - won . A defeat at Spurs , then , Soton - won . Next week , Norwich away . Won 3-2 in another boss away day . Chelsea beat us and Arsenal kicked us out the League Cup , but in the Premier League , we had it going on . We went to Birmingham and Tommy won it with a pen’ , before the RS came to town . Last year they had wellied a Rooney-less Everton 3-0 and it was easy . They expected much the same . However , this was a different , tighter , better motivated group of players . We got about them but played football too . As we know , Carsley , became , “ Super Lee Carsley “ by the end of the game as we beat them for the first time since Joe Royle . Moreover , if ANYONE wished to see the team spirit , all they needed to do was check the Piley-On , with Timmy , King of the Hill , with a smile as wide as the Sydney Harbour Bridge . Iconic Everton Image .Christmas came and went , as did new year , with us STILL in contention . I shouls like to highlight one performance this season in many boss performances , Aston Villa away , as Gravesen took the Madrid Peseta , Moyes acted fast and brought in a diminutive Spaniard called Arteta whom once played for Barcelona and Rangers . James Beattie had also came in from Southampton for £6m .

On the day I saw the most complete , effective , workmanlike still , but with options ALL OVER the Park, performance I had since Kendall . We were incredible . Scored 3 shoulda , honestly , been 13 . L.C.A.B. was on MOTD as Timmy runs along the track after his second goal , biting his badge and punching his chest before disappearing into a crowd of jubilant Blues . Its one of my Top 5 EVER Everton away-days Poss’ even Top 3 . No [Poor language removed] . Awesome , btw .
ANOTHER Anfield , No Show - except of course , Timothy ; did nothing to halt momentum , as even the SCEPTICAL ARSE Media , who’d laughed at us , HAD to take us serious as GENUINE Contenders for the Fourth Place ; and Champions League spot in the Premier League .
The Big Man pulled out one last , Hurrah , as the Mancs were beaten for the first time since Royle and we got our first glimpse of Asbo , Spitting - The - Dummy . The noise inside Goodison that night was AWESOME . Truly , honest to God , FRIGHTENING .
So was Everton Valley , but that’s for another day ,…
In the event , we secured 4th with a 2-0 home win over the Barcodes , as our little Convict became Everton Hero #1 , and despite a 7-0 coating as we bade farewell to Highbury , I went , again , we beat out the Bealzebub’s for 4th , as Evertonians partied like it was 1999 . Again . Once , again , Davie Boy collected his second L.M.A. Manager of the Year ward . The first Everton Boss to win 2 such awards .

2005 was a FINE , FINE Summer . England were triumphant in The Ashes and me an’ our George, and Mouser of this Borough , were there to see it . However , a small cloud on the horizon came in July with the much anticipated Champions League Draw as we drew the Spaniards , Villarreal . As Everton saw queues around the ground in a rush for tickets . However , just on the CL , a word for my life-long dear friend and one time Everton-Minder when I was a Scally Arse kid , Kenny McKenna whom in his role as TNS Manager , when questioned about the impending draw replied , on as to whether he fancied drawing Liverpool - WHOM HAD BEEN LET IN VIA AN UNPRECEDENTED RULE CHANGE AND COLDITZ-LIKE TUNNEL ;…
“ No . Tbh , I’d rather wait for the next round when THE BIG CLUBS , LIKE EVERTON COME IN ,…”
Stands , Applauds , BLOWS FUKN KISSES …
An Evertonian TILL THE DAY HE FUKN DIES .
A lesson in there somewhere …

We brought in , most controversially , Phil Neville from Manchester United , thankfully drafted Arteta permanently , Per Koldrup , for £5m , Simon Davies from Tottenham - a lifelong blue and the mercurial Andy Van Der Meyde . As it was Villareal came to Goodison the week before the season started , and with my favourite modern-day footballer , Juan Roman Riquelme imperious , and Forlan twice the player the Mancs saw , gave us a lesson at European football and won 2-1 . The following week , the season proper begun , with a 2-0 defeat to Asbo and the Mancs . It would be a foretaste of things to come .
A win at Bolton cheered us for the 2nd leg where in a decent second half performance we almost pulled it off . A second half Arteta goal , and a ludicrous , brown-envelope stenching disallowing of a late Duncan Ferguson header , which COULD , honestly have made a massive difference , effectively killed us . Nevertheless , we didn’t quite have enough . This team of Bent , Beattie didn’t even play , Pistone , Watson , Kilbane , ran the side whom went on to knock out the Mancs en route to the Semi Final of the competition ; VERY , VERY CLOSE .
Anyway , the Eufa Cup it was then , but first , back to the League .… As I said , Moyes’ Roller-Coaster thing was in FULL EFFECT . We lost , 2 weeks running , 1-0 , then off to Romania . Word here for my mucka , Bluefitzy of this Parish . ’Cause I’d spunked DOLLARS on the Ashes , but more ’cause I couldn’t leave me Nan , I was unable to join him , but nevertheless , HE trekked off to Bucharest to watch us take a hiding , 5-1 , and we were lucky to get one . It was Shell-Shock , time . It was no surprise , therefore , that a further 2 defeats ensued in the interim before the return fixture . Timmy would get us an unconvincing 1-0 , but futile win . Thus , out of Europe , after ALL THAT EFFORT , by September 29 . Devastated didn’t quite say it . Another two losses followed our exit , and now , with a Europe push already gone , it was getting serious . Goals , in short , were the problem . Bent was never going too be prolific , Beat’s just never quite worked out . Talking of not working , anyone , like L.C.A.B. , present at Villa , Boxing Day to witness Koldrup’s only 45 of Premier League Football in a Blue shirt , as Baros tormented him - whilst punching one in and buzzing off us for getting away with it , would agree ; WE GOT OFF LIGHTLY . Between the middle of November and Boxing Day , were suffered 3 separate 0-4 , defeats . 3 days later , the RS came and whooped us 1-3 . However , a glimpse of optimism waited until the last minute of the last game , on the last day of 2005 , as Timbo scored the only goal at Sunderland , and revealed his new Archie-Thompson-alike Corner-Flag routine . The Cup came and went with a pasting at Chelsea , but then a marked improvement in our fortunes . We won more games than we lost and drew most of the rest until yet another Anfield Arse-Kicking , as Timmy let them know this was PERSONAL . The most disappointing campaign in a decade petered out with a last day stalemate and a Theatrical Curtain Call for The Big Man , as , if they are anything like me , Blues of a certain age had a tear in their eye as he limped around , with his babies , blowing kisses to the stands . We ended up 11th , and Davie Boy scratched his head .
There was one other event of significance for Blues , as news of the untimely death of Brian Labone , of a Heart Attack on his way home from , of course , an Everton Function . The Club and the City turned out in force and done him proud , as we lost a True Goodison Legend .

Season 2006/07 saw , finally , a Forward as Crystal Palace front man , Andy Johnson signed in a new record transfer fee of £ 8 M . He was joined by an Elephant Headed , ungrateful Mufuka from Wolves , Joleon Lescott - a centre half , from Wolves for £4m . The American , Tim Howard replaced the much lamented Nigel Martyn as he too arrived from Manchester United , maintaining our strange though undoubtedly evolving relationship with that Country generally . Though , in truth , it was like , “ Hmmm..” Or wait and see , none of the Bolshy thing of 12 months earlier . We should have guessed as an opening day win , a draw , then our first win at Spurs since Lineker , and I saw both , before the Bealzebub’s came to Town .
To say that we enjoyed the “ Super Lee ..” Derby , would be nothing to how this one was received . With AJ literally buzzing ALL OVER their back line , and Timmy awesome once more against the [Poor language removed] - recall for a second his MONSTER head-lock on Alonso in the build up for the 2nd …. It was 2-0 at half-time though would be completed by the very finest icing ever seen on a cake , as AJ scored his second near the end and ran over to us at the Main Stand side of the Park End , with one hand raising 3 fingers , the other , his finger and thumb creating an , 0 shape . 3-0 against the [Poor language removed] . Everton Iconography , once more . Alas AJ’s best mate , Beat’s , had now fallen from favour and spent the first half of the season watching his buddy from the bench . We though , never really fired in the League , November saw us lose 4 times including a League Cup exit at home against Arsenal’s kids and ANOTHER 3-0 caning at Man Utd . The new year saw Manuel Fernandes come in on loan from Valencia and a defeat at the Council House , Blackburn spanked us 1-4 at home and out of the F.A. Cup , we did though , begin to pick up wins . Wigan , revenge over Blackburn and Watford all were vanquished . A corker of a last minute winner in the hailstones saw another three points against the Arse’ , as Wenger blamed the noise . Fulham , in our best performance of the second part of the season were also despatched .

On April 25th , attempting to put out a fire at his home in Warsash , Southampton , Alan Ball suffered a Heart Attack and died . Goodison saw another out-poring of grief to rival that of the Great Labone a year earlier . As fortune would have it , that very week , my illness decided to manifest itself - still undiagnosed at this point ; and I missed my first game at Goodison of any description in a very , very long time . To say I was devastated , is to say Mount Everest is a hill in Nepal . It was with tears in my eyes that I witnessed his children hugely impressed at the reception for their Peerless Father - I contented myself with having sent Leslie a large Bouquet a year or so earlier with the Postage money I enclosed for the container size box I sent him , which her Da’ , naturellement , returned un-opened .
In the game , despite racing to a 2 goal lead , Goalkeeper Turner , on Debut , literally dropped a clanger and United tightened their grip and went on to win 2-4 , as Asbo kissed their badge and , by disrespecting this Legend like that , made an enemy of one , L.C.A.B. until the end of time .
Me I managed to get to Winchester Cathedral the following Thursday for Bally’s Funeral . Sick as I was , it was the best decision I ever made .
We , confirmed an utterly , in August , unexpected European spot , as we finished in 6th place .
This time , we felt progress was tangible . Lescott had bedded down well . Neviille took to the arm-band like a natural , which of course he was . Johnson’s pace and mobility were both big successes .

2007/08 thus dawned with Blue’s , a la Kilroy , poking their heads from their burrows to give the RS stick . Moyes confirmed the signing of Jagielka , told to me in March by a Blade , the day Jags carried Timmy off the pitch with the game going on . Good signing , I was certain . Leighton Baines was also drafted for £5.65 M from Wigan Athletic .Moreover , Moyes somehow managed to prise £12.6 M from Lovey #1’s Tight-Arse Wallet for the purchase of Ayegbeni Yakubi . A German Keeper , Stefan Wessels also arrived , and the next Wonder Boy off the production line , Jackie Rodwell was added to the First Team Roster .
The campaign began well , with 3 wins from five , but it was in Kharkiv , Ukraine that we realy showed that the Class was learning . Going a goal behind away from home , after a tepid 1-1 at home , we proceeded to fight back from an early goal and in a 3-2 humdinger snatched it late on , as Victor came of age in Europe . So did our Manager . Nevertheless , two League defeats followed , including a further home defeat at the hands of the Lucifer XI, but the , bounce-back thing began to manifest itself , as we won the next 5 games , including a Eufa triumph over Larissa as Euro boxes continued to be ticked . At the end of November , as Davie Hickson suffered a pre-match heart scare , we utterly mullahd Sunderland , 7-1 .
On the opening day of December we drew nil’s each with Pompey , before again going on another 5 game winning run , including 2 Eufa ties . Davie brought in an Ex-Ajax player from Borussia Dortmund reserves , Steven Pienaar , but was seen as a diminutive temporary stop-gap
The early months of 2008 were not kind , as we set off to Italy for a last 16 Eufa game against Fiorentina . Alas , the tie saw a regrettable , basically , no-show performance , as we lost , 2-0 . However , the following Wednesday , Goodison would play host to her finest European night since Bayern Munich as we won 2-0 with an absolute screamer from El Vision De Oro . We lost the resultant shoot-out in heartbreaking fashion as Jags missed in sudden death . We also reached , and were defeated by Chelsea in a League Cup Semi-Final ; Our First such in 20 years .
Still , progress had without doubt been made . Our League form meandered its way to a conclusion without any really noteworthy wins . Nonetheless , David Moyes outdid the excellent showing of a year earlier by guiding the side into 5th place in the Premier League as he once again was voted L.M.A Manager of the Year .

The following summer saw the departure of AJ , to Fulham To be honest , though we shall NEVER forget THAT game , he was unable to maintain his debut season form the following season . Thus , Moyes again adopted the One-Up-Front policy an received an incredible £ 11 M . The big incoming transfer was the late purchase , for £15M , if you don’t mind , of some elongated , Belgian-Moroccan version of the Ted from Saved By The Bell ,…Pienaar having settled better than expected was also signed permanently . To say we never , hit-the-ground-running , is an understatement as by mid-October , we had been deposited out of Europe and beat caned by the RS at home . Again . Then came the annual Emirates loss , but a Felliani inspired point against the Mancs , preceded a 3 game winning run . We again went to Tottenham and won , but at a cost as Yak suffered a serious injury and would be out for a year . The following week saw Aston Villa commit the biggest case of Goodison Larceny since Asbo , as Ashley Young killed us in injury time . No matter , as the side began to manifest , in adversity , the magnificent team-spirit that the likes of Timmy , Nev’ and Jags were always on about , as Timmy yet again got the winner at Eastlands. Two games later we began a 4 game unbeaten run .
I struggled to get tickets for the Monday night Derby , I’d been sick , but as per , S rang me at 4 o’clock and said , “ There’s 1 there for you ,..” , I goes , and in the queue is one , Wing-Nut Jeffers , Cap pulled down , but in with the lads . Fair play . The game was a boss 1-1 with Timmy both having the finest header I have ever witnessed at Grey Skull , a Kop End bullet which Reina did amazing to stop , before , being Our Timmy , as time ticked away , dodged through those 2 shobgites Carragher and Skirtel and nodded Mikel’s cross into the Anny Rd goal . Thus , becoming Dixie Mk 2 . I went BERSERK !!!
Honest to God . I stayed behind , on me fukn chair giving it LARGE , ‘cause we’d scared them . They knew it , and knew we knew it . This was fortunate , as , as luck would have it , we were drawn to face them again on the Sunday in the F.A. Cup 4th round . With my Son , Nephew’s , Cousin , Brother-In-Law and Mates , I duly trekked the 500 yards or so to Grey Skull as battle recommenced . Sans Mikel we were boss . The Crowd inspiring , Timmy again superb alone up top . He created a goal for Jo Lescott , before Me La rifled his usual 30 yarder . Back to our gaff .
In what was wonderful night , we stood up tall , with heroes all over the park , primarily , Jags , as Young Dan Gosling announced himself to the World , with a late winner . Goodison erupted . From there , Villa were chastised in the Cup , as our League form was maintained while we drew Middlesborough at home for the chance of an F.A. Cup Semi-Final .
We duly brushed them aside , and for the first time in 14 years it was Wem-Ber-Ley …

I won’t go on too much about this , except to say , for those present of a certain age , it was their Bayern Munich . After a No-Show by both Asbo and Ronaldo , we hung on in a tight game for penalties . Timmy misses our first and wants to die . However , BOSS pens from Bainsey , Vaughany and Balls of Steel , Phillip Neville left Jags , with his Fiorentina Spectre , to do the job . Of course , he did , but if you ever see a picture of the players waiting at the half way line ; as Timmy , Vaughan , Jo Lescott and Hibbo race off to celebrate , there , behind them is one Leighton Baines , eyes closed , fists and arms pumped , head down .
It meant something . To ALL of us . Heartbreakingly , the week after , in an innocuous fall , Jags ruptured his cruciate ligament against Man City and was out for the Season . This , after both Arteta and Anichebe suffered similar long-term assaults in the same game at the Barcodes in February .
Thus , as we almost unnoticed secured our second successive 5th place finish in the League , David Moyes was the first to get measured for a mid-season new suit since Big Joe , and the first since HK Mk1 to need 2 , as we all headed back down the M6 / M1 .
The game itself , despite Saha’s amazing first minute strike it was boys against men in what was just , A Bridge too Far . Nevertheless , David Moyes and this squad of less than £5M buys had not only finished once more in a European spot by right , but also gave us 2 wonderful days out at Wembley , before our rivals got to view the place . Priceless . His name was sang loud and long . David Moyes collected his third L.M.A. Manager of the year award , and was, King , of the Goodison Hill .

The summer of 2009 , instead of euphoria , saw anger , as Jo Lescott , loving the lure of the lolly , decided to forgo the most exciting “ Project “ in the Premier League , choosing to join the Nouveau Riche Shitty .
Moyes was adamant he would remain , but following an opening day disaster at home to The Arse’ , 1-6 , he opted to take both the money and his chances , as we got an incredible £24M - 3 M less than Asbo !!! ; and Distin , Heitinga and a Russian , Bilyatdinov were brought in . Our next League game saw another defeat to new boys Burnley , as Saha missed a penalty . This domestic form would continue , as at Christmas , we were in the bottom 4 , and wondering whether this up / down thing would ever stop ?
From there , the team went on an incredible run . From December the 20th , we lost only 4 more games all season . Unfortunately , two of which were Sporting Lisbon , who in truth embarrassed us , and the RS
away . I recall taking my Nephew’s in Sharpy’s Mad Arse Van to Vanilla , in April . We were brilliant on the night with Timmy again imperious , as they once more hit us in the last minute to share the spoils . We ended up 8th , two spots out from a European place that we had no right to even dream of as Hogmanay arrived . The point was , The Team got it together . Granted , the infusion of Landon Donovan in wins over both Chelsea and United at home and the nearest we will come to an Emirates victory without actually getting one; certainly helped .
Again , we sang his name .

So , we come to the present campaign . As far as incomings , the most disappointing in a few years . The rumoured striker failed to materialise , as Moyes did recall the excellent Seamus Coleman - a magnificent coaching spot from the Irish League , but little else . It never begun well , and has gotten worse . Aside from wins over Birmingham away , Stoke , and our season highlight to date , a Yak inspired trouncing of perhaps the worst Liverpool team that I have ever seen , we have struggled . We currently stand again , in the bottom 5 , and Timmy is about to depart for 6 weeks . To say that I have a problem with Davie consistently picking an out-of-sorts Saha , would be understatement . I get it . However , I asked S particularly only this week ; “ Was their a specific beef with Yakubu ? “ . Answer ; NO . Thus , as I was also informed of other bits , I KNOW , FOR A FACT , that Ginger recognises our problems and , hands tied as they are , is looking to address them as best he can .
What he doesn’t need is being booed off at 0-0 half time against Wigan like Mike Fukn Walker .

I do not KNOW what will happen in the window . Nor that David Moyes will either improve our League Standing , nor , in truth , even be here after May . What I do know however , is , he HAS EARNED , SO MUCH MORE OLD FASHIONED FUKN LOYALTY than he is receiving at present , from people , with respect , with the memory banks of a goldfish .
In short , WE OWE HIM . BIG TIME .
I have been told by a person with very reputable Sources , NOT MY S , but decent , that he is OFF at Season’s end . I hear different . We shall see
Let‘s look at the options , for him ; Utd = Poisoned Chalice for next 2 Managers . Shitty = Den of Inquity with EVERYONE “ At the bollox “ . Chelski - Ditto . The Arse’ = Wenger will be C.E.O. till the day he dies . Vanilla , Barcodes ,.. Don’t make me larf .
Us ; Jol ,..? Not a chance . More likely David Jones or some other Blue-linked Chief . Unfortunately , the reason David Moyes hasn’t , “ Moved us on “ , this year is LACK OF FUNDS , thus , If Our Lord himself takes over , THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE , ’ CAUSE THERE’S NO FUKN MONEY !!! Moreover , the best side in a generation , Moyes players , will likely either do one or be traded by the new boss with his own ideas . Careful what you wish for , People .
Thing is , its like , Ya’ Ma’ . You might bitch like a Mufuka if she don’t get you exactly what you wanted for Christmas but if your Arl Fella tried to bring in a bird to replace her , you’d say …. “ Get the fuk !!! It’s ME MA’ !!! “
This “ Everton is a Marraige ,.. “ thing is a 2 WAY STREET . We , Fans / Supporters , whatever HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES AS WELL , an’ , NOT BEIN’ FUNNY BUT GINGER HAS EARNED A FUK OF A LOT BETTER TREATMENT from us , the self-appointed doyens of style , decency and supposed enlightened thinking on the game . BOLLOX !!! When it comes down to it , we can be just as Murdoch’ed Up as the Barcodes . FACT .

I therefore conclude by saying , he is far from perfect , has faults like anyone , but has been the Stand-Out Blue walking this Planet for the past 8 years , moreover has created the finest spirit in simply wearing the Everton shirt than for any time since we last won a trophy , and furthermore , WE OWE THIS MAN !!! So , instead of bitching , REMEMBER . In every single aspect of this Great Club , we are better because , and I DO mean DIRECTLY BECAUSE OF , David Moyes .
Shut the fuk up bitching , and do what you are supposed to do and SUPPORT . If you can’t do that , STAY THE FUK AT HOME , ‘CAUSE I CAN’T BE DOING WITH YOUS .
Neither can he . And HE DESERVES FAR , FAR BETTER .

Therefore , this Domingo , thank the Good Lord for the continued Patronage of David Moyes , Red Hair et al . The man who gave us Europe as a matter of course and if ANYONE deserved financial backing it is him . We are lucky to have him . Us ,
THE PEOPLE’S CLUB .
A bit of fukn respect here , People ….

Amen .

May the Good Lord be with you all .

Remember , Jesus loves you ‘ cause you’re a Blue .

Look after your Peoples .

Peace out .

The ( Catholic ) Reverand L.C.A.B.

( Oh , and to Cena is an Evertonian , whom , in 7 inches of snow himself , rang me today to see if I needed taking for Groceries … THIS IS WHAT I’M FUKN TALKING ABOUT . …
BETTER THAN THE FUKN REST …. SEMPRE .. )

Written in Britain .

Last edited:
This sermon is probably one of the closest to home to me as although I remember bits and pieces before, I was still a kid pre-Moyes. Now I can't even imagine where we would be without him. I think he is a bit of a victim of his own success with some people now calling for him to go. Because of how far he has taken us, expectations have rose as such, and got to levels that are surpassing what we can manage. It's not his fault that he has to sell to buy all the time, and I can't imagine anyone doing as good a job as he has done with that policy. He's totally transformed this club from top to bottom, in my eyes anyway. I know he has his doubters (I've been so in the past, that much I'll admit) but when I sit back and think about it all, the day he leaves this club, I feel, will be a very sad day for this club and I honestly don't know what direction things would go in.

I so hope you're wrong about that rumour LCAB, but that was a great sermon and brought back some goosebump moments and some bad memories for me.

Thank you LCAB, and Thank you for all you've done (and hopefully are still to do!) for our club Mr Moyes.

This sermon is probably one of the closest to home to me as although I remember bits and pieces before, I was still a kid pre-Moyes. Now I can't even imagine where we would be without him. I think he is a bit of a victim of his own success with some people now calling for him to go. Because of how far he has taken us, expectations have rose as such, and got to levels that are surpassing what we can manage. It's not his fault that he has to sell to buy all the time, and I can't imagine anyone doing as good a job as he has done with that policy. He's totally transformed this club from top to bottom, in my eyes anyway. I know he has his doubters (I've been so in the past, that much I'll admit) but when I sit back and think about it all, the day he leaves this club, I feel, will be a very sad day for this club and I honestly don't know what direction things would go in.

I so hope you're wrong about that rumour LCAB, but that was a great sermon and brought back some goosebump moments and some bad memories for me.

Thank you LCAB, and Thank you for all you've done (and hopefully are still to do!) for our club Mr Moyes.

You , as ever , are most welcome , my darling .

Thank you , btw .

Whilst Moyes' conservatism and repetition this season has pissed me off to no end, that was a brilliant and eloquent sermon... So much so I must admit I've not been giving him the respect he deserves. I don't think he should be infallible, but he's definitely worthy of our respect, and indeed gratitude. Eternally.

He's not perfect, but yes, he is ours.

Cheers Lcab.

Whilst Moyes' conservatism and repetition this season has pissed me off to no end, that was a brilliant and eloquent sermon... So much so I must admit I've not been giving him the respect he deserves. I don't think he should be infallible, but he's definitely worthy of our respect, and indeed gratitude. Eternally.

He's not perfect, but yes, he is ours.

Cheers Lcab.

No worries , Dawg.

Point taken , methinks ...

The Oracle as always.

I remember us at times over the last 20 years where we've literally been on our knees - with a team that would make you not just cringe but shudder.

Moyes picked us up off the floor to put it mildly. And although the team at times may not have the consistency we want or like... Moyes has a track record of bringing in decent players.

He's not 100%. But then again no one is. Juan Serbastian Veron to Man United and then Chelsea! is one illustration of this....

I'm convinced if we had just that little bit more extra money we'd smash every team going. The £ per point stats prove this.

He'll bring back the FOD.

He's got a tough job at Everton. But for me he's the one to do it.

And the difference between us and other clubs. Loyalty, patience and a knowledge.

So again am Standing On the Oracle.

I remember what it was like... and remember LCAB's description of Labby pacing up and down Goodison Road - with us almost being relegated...... (twice) and us signing old, over the hill crocks under Smith.

Out of the wilderness. And this underperformance of certain individuals.... Moyes is the one to rectify it if anyone is.

Come on Everton deese are [Poor language removed] deese.

Last edited:

Thanks Dave that was one of your best,and it would be hard to disagree with any part of it.wihout doubt with cash we would have improved more but if he goes it will be with the best wishes of all the fans for what he has achieved.

Utterly brilliant LCAB. I despair at those who question Moyes, and what that man has done for our club. Things may not be peachy right now, but they would be a great deal worse were it not for he and there is no man living who could do a better job than Moyes. He knows.

From now on, whenever anyone experiences total failure of their mental capacities in questioning Moyes, a link to this thread right here should be posted with immediate effect.

Thank you, sir.

Thanks Gramps.... I put a place holder first half great. So much info if I read it in one sitting I will miss something.

Thanks!!!! mucho gracias senor LCABIZZLE.

That last line good enough for you?

Brilliant. I thought I was the only one that turned Turk on Asbo after that, massively insensitive gesture.

On Moyes in general, my only hope is he gets wedge to spend, serious wedge! I'd live it to be at Everton and I'd love to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.