The true hipsters choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hipsters drive me mad. When Ancelotti was here they wouldn’t stop going on about Bielsa, how he had a philosophy, how we should have built foundations with him, he was cutting edge tactically whilst Carlo was an old fashioned pragmatist.

Now we’re finally on the cusp of Bielsa becoming a reality and the too cool for school lot don’t want him anymore
I have nothing but admiration for Bielsa. I do think he is a football genius. But having precautions of possibly the most unpredictable and volatile personality in management in a club that's backroom, board and owner are in disarray is simply pragmatism winning out. And questions on if the attraction is led my our DoF, or what the attraction is from our owner is in the first place. Vitor Orta's relationship with Marcelo was instrumental in Leeds success, if that will be replacated with Thelwell is a bit doubtful. I think Moshiri fancies a personality led appointee. Do the extent that's the attraction with Marcelo is a bit concerning.

So basically, from what i can gather, people want him because he is Carlo's son and handsome. The fact that he has never managed a team by himself before and will be plunged straight into a premier league relegation battle with zero experience and an awful team of layabouts and a board that can do whatever they want with him due to inexperience of leading anything doesn't come into it.

We are definitely the maddest club around, board and supporters. lol

As posted on Monday, the board had wanted Dunc to come as his assistant but he wanted to step into into a managers role. I would have liked to have seen the two of them link up again but can't knock Dunc for wanting to step up.

Reactions: Lob

Zat how do you not see that appointing a manager with zero, ZERO, pro licences would be utter utter suicide?
Do we know if thats still the case? I've seen reports saying he couldn't coach from the touchline for Madrid for this reason earlier in 2022 but can't find anything recent. I would imagine if he was serious about taking the next steps, this is something he would have sorted. Though thats just speculation so feel free to scrutinise.

Zat how do you not see that appointing a manager with zero, ZERO, pro licences would be utter utter suicide?

Do we know if thats still the case? I've seen reports saying he couldn't coach from the touchline for Madrid for this reason earlier in 2022 but can't find anything recent. I would imagine if he was serious about taking the next steps, this is something he would have sorted. Though thats just speculation so feel free to scrutinise.

Id rather Davide than the other two options

So basically, from what i can gather, people want him because he is Carlo's son and handsome. The fact that he has never managed a team by himself before and will be plunged straight into a premier league relegation battle with zero experience and an awful team of layabouts and a board that can do whatever they want with him due to inexperience of leading anything doesn't come into it.

We are definitely the maddest club around, board and supporters. lol
My comment about him being handsome was just a joke and I hoped it would be taken as one.

His inexperience in managing a club previously is certainly a flaw, however if he's wanting to prove he can manage a club, what better way than a relegation battle. He's also worked with these players before and assistant managers some of the best clubs in the world, under one of the better managers out there.

When we look at experienced managers, who have we had? Koeman, Allerdyce, Benitez, Lampard. None of these have helped the situation everton were in at the time. A manager we had with low experience, having only managed one club before (in a lower league i might add), in which he came in straight from being a footballer was Moyes. Moyes had a point to prove and proved it well in my opinion. I like to believe Ancelloti would have the same fire.

Might be a disaster to choose him so the decision certainly shouldn't be taken lightly, but who are the alternatives? The 2 front runners have experience, yes, but I cant help but feel they will be added to the list of experienced managers who did naff all for us. After all they were sacked from Leeds and Burnley. Why would Everton be any different.

I'm open to the option of other managers, but Bielsa won't have time to build the squad he needs so will be a flop, and Dyche would probably do well in the Championship, but I'd rather avoid us going there to see him shine.

UEFA Pro licence at 33 according to Training Ground Guru, posted back up the thread.

I honestly think having papa mentor Carlo on speed dial is a massive bonus.

Wasn’t the joke that Davide was actually managing when Carlo was here anyway?

My comment about him being handsome was just a joke and I hoped it would be taken as one.

His inexperience in managing a club previously is certainly a flaw, however if he's wanting to prove he can manage a club, what better way than a relegation battle. He's also worked with these players before and assistant managers some of the best clubs in the world, under one of the better managers out there.

When we look at experienced managers, who have we had? Koeman, Allerdyce, Benitez, Lampard. None of these have helped the situation everton were in at the time. A manager we had with low experience, having only managed one club before (in a lower league i might add), in which he came in straight from being a footballer was Moyes. Moyes had a point to prove and proved it well in my opinion. I like to believe Ancelloti would have the same fire.

Might be a disaster to choose him so the decision certainly shouldn't be taken lightly, but who are the alternatives? The 2 front runners have experience, yes, but I cant help but feel they will be added to the list of experienced managers who did naff all for us. After all they were sacked from Leeds and Burnley. Why would Everton be any different.

I'm open to the option of other managers, but Bielsa won't have time to build the squad he needs so will be a flop, and Dyche would probably do well in the Championship, but I'd rather avoid us going there to see him shine.
I was joking too mate. lol

Every manager is a gamble anyway so who knows eh. We got to get it right and a bit of luck with it one day.

I was joking too mate. lol

Every manager is a gamble anyway so who knows eh. We got to get it right and a bit of luck with it one day.
True. And no matter who takes the position, whether it be a popular or unpopular decision, we need to 100% back them to save us.

Reactions: Lob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back