the vaughan explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It cant be answered Yes or No. He played a part, a small part. Whether that was enough to say he got us into europe is impossible to answer

My question/argument isnt that he got us into the uefa cup by himself, of course its a team game and everyone played a part.

The question is simple mate if he wasnt in the team would we have qualifed for the Uefa cup?

Would we be in the Uefa cup if there was no James Vaghan- Just want your opinion not trying to argue!

YES/NO

My question/argument isnt that he got us into the uefa cup by himself, of course its a team game and everyone played a part.

The question is simple mate if he wasnt in the team would we have qualifed for the Uefa cup?

Would we be in the Uefa cup if there was no James Vaghan- Just want your opinion not trying to argue!

YES/NO

Oh right i get you, the answer is Yes

He played a small part, the way your talking he did it by himself

The way he is at the moment tx, we would be lucky to get 2m for him with his injury record.
I dont see him ever being a 1st choice striker, more of a tim cahill/teddy sheringham forward for me

No argument on that front as any other club would hate to be seen as buying potentially damaged goods.

As it stands, even if he was healthy, he is the odd man out as was Faddy during his time here.

But I do like having him on the sideline as an insurance policy for the other strikers while he works on his game.

I thought he scored four just form memory and all in really important games when the pressure was on, i think he only started five before he got injured so not a bad ratio all in all!

Id be suprised if Beattie got four considering he didnt score in open play and Arteta took most of the pens!

I take your point but i think hes better then Beats, Faddy and Vic!

Personaly i dont think we would be in the Europe without him, his goals and performences, gace us a vital cutting edge when our tactics and AJ were getting found out by the PL by large.

But there you go thats opinions for you!

Last edited:
I thought he scored four just form memory and all in really important games when the pressure was on, i think he only started five before he got injured so not a bad ratio all in all!

Id be suprised if Beattie got four considering he didnt score in open play and Arteta took most of the pens!

I take your point but i think hes better then Beats, Faddy and Vic!

Personaly i dont think we would be in the Europe without him, his goals and performences, gace us a vital cutting edge when our tactics and AJ were getting found out by the PL by large.

But there you go thats opinions for you!

I didnt say BT got 4, he got 2 along with Faddy so thats 4 between them. I think Vic is the more capeable 'striker' wereas JV is the more skillful forward

I see your point mate! I wouldnt wholly disagree with your assessment of both Vic and Vaghan though obviously i feel Vaughan is something special.

His goals for games ratio is great, and in the context of the games he played i think he did fantastic to come from no where and score in vital games, against top quality teams, for me he gave us the shot in the arm that got us over the line for europe. I remeber Aj getting injused against at Wigan and everyone on here wondering where goals and chances would come from cue JV.

Isnt it great that we can we can argue over a young striker going to be good or great! God be with the days Steve watson was an option for Forward.

Halewood is Beatties biggest fan, no really.

If Vaughans knee doesnt fall off then he we might see if he's any good for a length of time. I rate him but Yakubu and Johnson will make it tough for him to edge in.

Halewood is Beatties biggest fan, no really.

If Vaughans knee doesnt fall off then he we might see if he's any good for a length of time. I rate him but Yakubu and Johnson will make it tough for him to edge in.

I always was mate and still am.

Seem to remember me getting kicked off the old TW forum for saying he will be [Poor language removed]. How wrong was i !! lol:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.