Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it this way, i heard we offered 20m? we got 15m for Barkley, so basically we are spending 5m and getting a player who is so much better, hope this comes off

He doesn't play for us anymore, let it go.
However, he's not 'so much better', they play in different positions!

I no what you mean mate but what I mean is while 15m might of been poor for Barkley compared to what we could of possibly got under different circumstances, 20m for Walcott is also cheap so they are kind of balancing each other out

I do know what you mean. I was only having a little dig but, you know that.

Walcott is not making my heart beat faster. For those who remember Johnny Morissey well Walcott is the opposite - not determined,
not hard-working, no love for the team, inconsistent, moody.

Why buy Walcott when Henry from Anderlecht is coming over in summer and he's a speed merchant who can actually score goals? - when we have Lookman, Bolasie and Vlasic?

its a funny one, rate him as a player, i don’t like his mentality in fact I think he is a bit powder puff.

That said we need goals, he has end product, we need pace, he has pace.

Buisness wise it seems mad to pay 28 mill for Bolaise and 20 million for Walcott who play the same position. 48 million on right wingers and probably the guts of 200 k a week on wages on one position. Is that position even a prirority. Hmm.

That may be a bit narrow, as Walcott went through a phase of calling himself a striker, but he’s not going to play up front for us in reality.

If it comes to pass Bolaise will go to the left, Walcott to the right and Gylfi in at 10.
In fairness Bolasie is actually a left winger, we just have been playing him on the right, likely because we want to set him free to go at defenses and he cant do that while covering for Martina.

I would prefer Gaitan, but I do see him as a winger on the right and then an emergency striker option, freeing us up to deal both Niasse and Lennon.

Wouldn't be my first target but... if we manage to get 4m for mirallas maybe 1-2m for Lennon and get him for the 18-20m being touted. Mirallas and lemons wages would cover walcotts and for a 15m out lay we would have added a goal threat and genuine pace into the team. His injury record concerns me but he can't play any less than mirralas and can't score any less that Lennon can he? For 18-20m I think it's worth it just for his pace and because I don't see anyone better available.

Walcott is not making my heart beat faster. For those who remember Johnny Morissey well Walcott is the opposite - not determined,
not hard-working, no love for the team, inconsistent, moody.

Why buy Walcott when Henry from Anderlecht is coming over in summer and he's a speed merchant who can actually score goals? - when we have Lookman, Bolasie and Vlasic?

I just convinced myself that he is worth signing and posted .... you now have convinced me that we shouldn't sign him :)

No it hasnt stop talking rubbish check the video i posted a few pages back of just his performances last year

His pace has gone nowhere and he has a better end product then the rest of our squad

How many times on this forum are we gonna see people manipulate truths to fit their agenda just coz they dont lile the sound of a player

It really is embarrassing

No it hasnt stop talking rubbish check the video i posted a few pages back of just his performances last year

His pace has gone nowhere and he has a better end product then the rest of our squad

How many times on this forum are we gonna see people manipulate truths to fit their agenda just coz they dont lile the sound of a player

It really is embarrassing
Bang on boi

We're likely trying to get him on loan whereas Arsenal want to sell. A loan seems attractive but a buy for up around £20m would be crazy.
He's a winger who relies on pace who's about to turn 29 in March and he has a very poor injury record. I blame RK more for the transfer debacles but SW is saping my confidence more with every window.
What a terrible mistake it was not to pay Monchi's release fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back