2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to feel for him, left arsenal multiple cl seasons for Europa League and to now no European football at all and his international career over at 27

Got to feel for him, left arsenal multiple cl seasons for Europa League and to now no European football at all and his international career over at 27

Bit off topic, so soz, but for England these days, being 27 seems to mean your international career is over anyrate. Probably missed an obvious one, but cant think of a starter being that "old".

....the Richarlison cameo was brilliant because it informed an immediate comparison with Walcott. Quite startling.

In some ways though it's easier to come into a game with 30 to play, when the pace has slowed. Walcott was poor yesterday but so was Robertson. Robertson didn't/couldn't get forward and influence the game as much as they hoped. I do wonder if Walcott and his direct running is a part of that?

I'm not Walcott's biggest fan, but to me he is a template for what we probably need in that position, but with a better goal return. Someone like Lozano would have been perfect.

Walcotts international career was over long before he ever joined us mate, also he was not exactly getting much game time for a couple of seasons prior to moving as he had fallen out with Wenger over the whole thing of him saying he wanted to play upfront as a striker and Wenger saying he was better out wide. It had got to the point were he claimed to have 'fallen out of love with the game' He is a typical Allardyce signing tbh, Sam thinking he can get Theo playing back like he was when younger but it's never worked out.

Bit off topic, so soz, but for England these days, being 27 seems to mean your international career is over anyrate. Probably missed an obvious one, but cant think of a starter being that "old".
Is he only 27?! Should be right at his peak with at least another 3 top seasons ahead of him. What’s the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back