• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

That rivalry is pure evil re Villa v Blues, , Villa v Albion isn't much better, but Blues v Albion actually get on ! And as for Wolves v Albion, silly rivalry considering the distance between them !
That's because it's The Black Country Derby or the South Staffs Derby as it was known before they formed The West Mids. There isn't much distance between them in fact all the 5 West Mid clubs are in a 18 mile radius.

Delighted to see that fraud Gerrard get found out. Michael Beale was the brains of it all at Rangers, soon went downhill for Gerrard now that he's doing the business at QPR.

That's because it's The Black Country Derby or the South Staffs Derby as it was known before they formed The West Mids. There isn't much distance between them in fact all the 5 West Mid clubs are in a 18 mile radius.
For me, & as history would have it, the true meaning of a Derby game is a game between two teams from the same City, same Town, same Village, same Hamlet etc, etc, etc, hence, I consider Albion v Wolves as just a local game, certainly not a derby by any means !

For me, & as history would have it, the true meaning of a Derby game is a game between two teams from the same City, same Town, same Village, same Hamlet etc, etc, etc, hence, I consider Albion v Wolves as just a local game, certainly not a derby by any means !
Well then neither Wolves Walsall or Baggies have a local Derby, and having lived in The Black Country for 62 years we do consider Wolves our local Derby.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back